Chapter Twenty-one

--Morgan

I wake up ten minutes before my alarm is supposed to go off. I honestly couldn't be in a better mood. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and I cannot stop smiling.

Last night Niall threw me so off guard, but I am honestly not complaining. I have been waiting for him to do that for so long now, and it was so worth the wait. I cannot get over the way our lips just move together like they were made to, and I can still taste his lips on mine. He was wearing spearmint chapstick, which I have never loved more than right now.

As I lay in my bed, I just keep replaying the moment over and over in my head as if it was a film I had just watched. Ugh...I just can't get over it. I just wonder what that makes us now.

Are we friends with benefits, girlfriend and boyfriend, or did he finally realize that I am not the girl he wants? I start to get somewhat stressed out because it's a question only he could answer. It is about two minutes until the clock turns to ten, so I will be seeing him soon enough in the dining hall.

--

"Someone is extra perky today!" Kathleen walks over to me as I am sitting, eating my food.

"Hey Kathleen! Uhh...yeah I guess I am." I am praying that she doesn't ask me why. I don't know how I can say 'I had an amazing kiss with your ex-boyfriend last night' in a nice way.

"It's because of him isn't it?" She looks at me with a smile on her face but with sadness in her eyes.

There's a long pause before I finally get up the courage to shake my head up and down letting her know she is correct.

"I told you earlier that it's okay. He and I were barely together...you and him have been friends for over eleven years! It's not really a surprise that you two got together; I just wish that he didn't drag me along then let me go so quickly." A single tear falls from her eyes, but she wipes it away quickly. "Oh gosh, look at me I'm crying over nothing!"

I walk over to her to give her a quick hug.

"Awhh sweetie! I am so sorry! I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I wish he didn't end up hurting you, but look on the bright side...you made a new friend!" I bring her in for another hug.

"You're right. You are so sweet, Morgan! I am really glad I met you because you are such a good friend." Obviously she didn't realize how rude I was to her before, but I don't bother to mention to that. I just want to enjoy the moment.

"Wow you two seem to be getting close!" An all too familiar Irish accent comes up from behind.

Kathleen and I break apart and turn around to see Niall standing there with a surprised look on his face.

Kathleen is the first to speak up. "Uhh yeah...I guess so! I needed someone, and she was here." She looks over at me with a smile.

"Well that's good babe." He walks over to me and leans in for a kiss.

I don't want to put Kathleen in an awkward situation or make her even more upset, so I reject his kiss causing him to brush his lips against my cheek. He notices what I did and whispers in my ear,

"What the heck? Why did you reject me kiss?" I don't say anything and just motion my head over towards the sad blonde next to us, hoping he would get the hint.

"Okay...I guess I should leave you two alone...I'll see you later." Kathleen doesn't even look at us as she walks out the door. She just keeps her head facing towards the floor.

"Niall, I don't think we should show any PDA in front of her. Y'all did just break up." He nods his head showing he understands.

--