Chapter Two

Morgan

“Time to get up, up, up, up!”  Flicking the lights on and off a few times, I attempt to get a group of little kids awake and out of their beds. This is probably the hardest part of our day. “We have a fun day ahead of us! Now let’s get a move on.” 

It is about ten o’clock in the morning, which is the about the time we have to wake up each morning to get up and start another day of camp. Back when I went here, the time was about eight-thirty, but for some reason they have changed the time a few times and found ten to be a good one. 

“Five more minutes Miss Morgan! Please?”

“Yeah just five more minutes!”

“Please Miss Morgan?” 

The kids don’t seem too happy to be waking up this morning.  They usually don’t have problem, but all the cabins went on a hike yesterday and walked about five miles all together.  Everyone, including myself, wanted to sleep in this morning, but if we don't all get up then we'll miss breakfast.

___

“Come on y’all. Finish your food! We need to get going to do rock climbing with Cabin four.”  I have already finished my meal, and I’m now rushing everyone else to. 

I am just way too excited to be hanging out with Niall today.  We really haven’t spent much time together since we are in different cabins and always doing different activities, but today is different since we are finally able to do an activity together. Now, I am not the biggest fan of rock climbing because I have never actually tried it before, but I guess I will have to see how this turns out.

“Morning, Moe,” Niall greets me as he comes walking over to my table after he dumps his trash in the garbage. It's pretty amazing that he actually remembers the nickname he gave me back when we first met.  He said that he gave it to me because I was different than all the other girls, so I needed a cooler name.  I never minded it really cause he was the only one who really called me that anyways.

“Hey, are you ready for today?” I ask him as I start to clean up my kid’s plates and trash off the table.

“Yeah I actually am. I’ve never really rock climbed before, plus I get to finally hang with you some more,”  This makes me blush, but I hope he didn’t notice, even though there is a good chance he did. Curse this pale skin of mine making it hard to hide my red cheeks. 

“Neither have I, but it should be fun,” my voice gets a little shakey at the end when I notice him smiling right at me when I'm speaking. I could hardly get my whole sentence out. 

___

Niall and I gather up our kids in front of the big rock climbing wall, which the camp just got this summer.  Just by looking up at the top of it, my heart starts pounding a little harder. This thing is a lot higher than I expected it to be. How do they let little kids do this?

“Are you ready, kids?”  Niall starts to get the kids pumped up and excited to start the activity.  I never expected him to be so good with these kids, but after seeing him interacting with them so much, I’m surprised he hasn’t come back to be a counselor sooner!

Niall finishes explaining the rules we got this morning, and a little boy walks up to him with a frightened look on his face. 

“Mr. Niall, will you be here in case we fall?” He asks as he messes with the bottom of his camp t-shirt, notting it up around his fingers.

“Of course I will.  I wouldn’t let you guys get hurt. You should know that,”  He reassures the little boy, which seems to walk away confident.  “All right, let’s get started!  Who’s first?”