Chapter Eleven

Morgan

Niall: Hey Moe! How was your day at school?

Morgan: Heyy! It was okay.  I didn’t really do much.  How was your day today?

Niall: It was good! I really miss you though.  I hate having to live all the way on the other side of the world. 

Morgan: I know. I miss you too! I can’t wait til next summer.  Winter is going by way too slow.

NiallOh believe me I know.  At least it isn’t as cold there as it is here!  Lucky duck!

MorganYeah, that’s what is good about Tennessee. Oh but hey, I am about to go to my art class, so I will text you afterwards! 

Niall:  Alright!  Draw me something awesome! ;)

A smile comes across my face as I read the last text.  He never fails to make me happy.  I am so glad we exchanged numbers in the summer because we never go a day without texting each other now.  We actually seem to be getting closer and closer…if that is even possible. 

He is one of the sweetest guys I know considering he always texts me in the morning before school, and he makes sure to always say good night to me before I go to sleep.No other guy in my school would ever do this, and chances are it's because none of them know how to treat a girl, even if they aren't quit dating.

Speaking of dating, Niall and I really haven’t moved past the friend stage, which is weird. I woudl have bet anything that he was beginning to feel something towards me. There was just something different about the way he acted on the last day of camp. 

Come to think of it, he and I never really talked about the last few days at camp since we both left. It's nothing ever happened between us. I honestly thought that he was going to ask me if I wanted to become more than friends, but I guess not. I really don’t get why though because he is so sweet to me and we're always flirting with each other. I wonder what is holding him back.

--

“You did what…?  How did you not get caught?”

“I honestly don’t know! It was crazy.  You should have seen his face when it happened!”  I heard him laugh through the phone as he is telling me what he had done today in class. 

He can hardly breathe because he's laughing so hard, and I can’t help but have the same reaction.  For the past two days I have been sick in bed, so it was nice to actually talk to him and hear his voice. I can alwasy count on him to make me smile. 

“Awh, you’re laughing, so does that mean you feeling better, love?”

“Yes, I actually am feeling just slightly better.  I really needed this phone call because I haven’t talked to anyone but my mom. She is the only one willing to come by my apartment to see me.”

Since I moved out, I never really saw any of my family anyways, but now that I'm sick, there isn't necessarly a line outside my door waiting to see me. My mom only came by yesterday because she was picking up something to take to goodwill and decided to stay to clean my place while I was sick. Granted it was only a cold and sore throat, but I really appreciated and needed the attention.

“Really?  That sucks.  I wish I was there to help you get well.  I would make you some of my famous chicken noodle soup.”

“I would actually love some soup right now.  I really haven’t had an appetite until now, but all I have is crackers and peanut butter.”  The tone of my voice is beginning to go from somewhat upbeat to more upset. I could tell by the sigh coming from Niall's end that he knew I was losing my smile.