Chapter Twenty-four

--Morgan

I put the straps of my duffle bag over my shoulder and close the car door with my free hand.  I have finally made it back home, and I already miss Niall.  I try to forget about him before I start to tear up.

My mom said she is going to meet me at my apartment to help me unpack, plus I told her I have something important to ask her, so I needed to be happy not teary eyed. 

I get up to the door and before I could even think about opening it, it swings open revealing my mom on the other side. 

“Morgan! I’m so glad you’re home!  I’ve missed you so much!”  She wastes no time and brings me in for a hug.

“Can I at least put my bags down before you start this whole love fest thing?”  She takes that as a hint and lets go of me allowing me to place my bags down on my couch.  “There!  Now we can hug!  I’ve missed you too mom!”

“Okay, so what do you want to talk about?  Please don’t tell me you got a tattoo or something!”  She starts looking at my arm frantically.

“No!  How could I possibly get one of those at summer camp full of little kids?”  I snatch my arm out of her grasp.  “Okay, when I tell you just remember that I am 19 and already living on my own.  I am allowed to make my own decisions now.”

“Oh gosh…you got married!  To who?  Tell me!”

“Mom! No! Where are you getting these ideas…? But I did meet someone…or well actually I met this guy a long time ago, and we just started dating this summer.”

“Okay…?  And who is this guy?”  I can see the worry start to show on my mother’s face.

“It’s Niall.”

The worry is lost and replaced with joy.

“Oh thank goodness!  You were scaring me.  Why did you make such a big deal of this?”

“Because that isn’t all I have to tell you…Niall and I decided that it would be best if one of us moved so that we could live together, and I thought it would be a good idea if I moved there.  Now, before you object listen to me.  I have always wanted to go out of the country to experience something new. He already has his own place, and his family is there if we need anything, plus we will come back here for the summer. We have been friends since we were eight so this really isn’t that weird.” 

She just stands there staring at me.  I was really expecting her to immediately yell at me, but she didn’t. 

“Mom? So what do you think?”

She takes my hands in hers. 

“I think that is a wonderful idea.  Like you said this will be an amazing opportunity for you to get out and experience different cultures.  You are planning on transferring to a college there right?”  A huge smile grows on my face.  I cannot believe she is actually going along with this.

“Of course! I was planning on going to the one Niall goes to.”

“Good.  So what are you planning on doing with this apartment?”

“Well I think I know someone looking for someone to live so maybe they can take it over?   I honestly haven’t thought about that part much.”

She walks over to my duffle bag, unzipping it and revealing my clothes inside. 

“And who is going to help you get all your stuff to Ireland?”

“That I did think about.  Niall will be flying back here in a couple days.  He had to go back to get a few things situated over there.”