Chapter Twenty-three

**This chapter is dedicated to NightOfTheAssassin because she made the aahhh-mazing cover for my story! If you need a cover then for sure go follow her and ask her to make you one! You won't be disappointed! :)**

--Morgan

It is the second to last day of camp and everyone will be leaving tomorrow.  I cannot believe this summer has gone by so quickly.  So much happened…way more than usual that’s for sure. 

I never expected to come to camp full of little kids and have so much boy drama.  I am not the type of girl who really gets involved with that kind of stuff.  I have had two boyfriends in high school, and neither or them lasted that long.  I just like to be as drama free as possible.

“Hey babe, what are you doing?”  Niall comes into my cabin and catches me packing up my clothes.

“Just getting ready for tomorrow.” 

I put a couple of my shorts into my duffle bag while Niall starts to walk over towards me.

“Well stop! You have plenty of time to do that tomorrow morning, so put down your clothes and come outside with me.”  He extends his hand for me to take as I get up.  I hesitate because I really want to get this done, but I decide to get up and see what this crazy guy is up to.  “Let’s go to the REC building.  I have been wanting to play pool with someone.” 

He has this smile on his face like he is up to something, but I don’t really question anything because I love playing pool.

I follow him all the way to the REC building. 

“Okay, now before we go in you have to close your eyes.”  I am so confused right now.  If he just wants to play pool then why do I need to shut my eyes? “Morgan! Close your eyes!” 

I obey and quickly squeeze my eyes shut.  He grabs my hand and starts to lead me up the stairs to go through the door.

“Can I open them now?”  I am super anxious to what is going on.

“Um…wait…okay…now!”  I open my eyes, and I cannot believe what I see. 

There is a table set up in the middle of the room with two chairs on either side.  On top of the table there are two plates, each with a turkey sandwich and chips on them, and in the middle of the table there is a pink plastic cup with wild flowers in it that someone must have picked from the nearby woods.

“What the…?  What is all of this?  Is this for me?”  I still have a look of surprise on my face.

“Of course this is for you!  Who else would it be for?  Now come and eat your lunch…sorry it isn’t very fancy though.  This is what is being served in the dining hall.”  I honestly don’t care how lame it is, I just still cannot believe he did all this.

“It’s perfect! When did you do this?”  I sit down on one side of the table as he sits down on the other.

“Well I had some help of course…the kids were more than happy to help out.  But I just wanted to give you a nice…well somewhat nice date since we have been dating for over almost two weeks, and we still haven’t been on an official date.”

“And Megan approved all of this?”  I take a bite out of my turkey sandwich.

“Yeah she actually did!”  He smiles at me for beginning to eat his food.

--

“I don’t know why, but saying goodbye to you guys seems to get harder and harder each year.  Now get over here and give Miss Morgan a big hug!”  All of my kids rush over towards me and wrap their little arms around me.  “Y’all are the best!  Okay I think it is time to get over to the dining hall to wait for your parents.”