9

George pov

I watched as the seconds ticked by ever so slowly, just teasing me with how close the hands were to my desired time. I was awaiting for it to hit 6:00, that is because I had plans for that specific time and was fairly excited for it.

It was Saturday and me and dream had decided to hang out today at his house. I was excited because I haven't gotten the chance to spend time with a friend in ages, that is because I haven't had friends in forever.

I didn't want to arrive early and we had planned for me to get there at 6:20, I estimated the walk was about 20 minutes to get to his house. 

I glanced at the clock again and look at that- it was 6:00pm.  I quickly sprung up from my spot on my bed and grabbed my bag I had prepared.   It was filled with my laptop, a hoodie, and a pair headphones for the walk- I didn't really need that much anyways.

After I grabbed that I put my shoes on and started making my way out of my room and down the stairs.  Unfortunately for me, I had to be interrupted before I could even make it all the way down the stairs.

"Where are you in a rush to?" My dad yells out to me.  I stop in my tracks and look behind my shoulder to see my dad at the top of the steps, looking over the railing at me skeptically.

"A friends house, I already told mum."  I replied, hoping he would just let me leave so I wouldn't arrive late to dreams.

"Is it dream?!" A different male voice I deciphered as Micheals screamed over at me while running up the stairs to stand between me and dad.

"Who's dream?" My dad asked with an eyebrow raised.  I don't judge him for asking, I would be confused too if I suddenly brought up the fact I made a friend- I haven't hung out with anyone for literal years.

"George's cool friend from school." Micheal answers before I could even think of a response.  My dad hums and nods his head before starting to wave his hand at me- kind of trying to just dismiss me from his presence.

"Well go on then, don't want you to be late yeah?"  He shooed me.  I just quickly nodded my head and continued to sprint down the stairs like I was previously. 

20 minutes later, just like I predicted, I arrived in front of a small little house that I assumed belonged to Dream and his family. It was smaller and more bare then I would of expected it to be, but it's not like I can really predict just what it would of looked like anyways.

I slowly made my way to the front door and knocked on it, meanwhile mentally preparing myself for whatever was on the other end of the door. Not even a few seconds later the door swung open revealing the tall blonde I've only just met this week.

"Hi George." He smiles while silently allowing me to pass through the door and into his house. Immediately I notice how empty it was, there were no dishes left behind on a counter or table, and no random pieces of trash left on the floor. Either these people are super tidy or they just don't do much in this house. Compared to my house this was like the cleanest place I've ever seen.

"Hey Dream, how are you?" I reply after looked around for a few seconds. Dream shuts the front door and walks ahead of me into what I suppose is the living room according to the couch and television set in there.

"I'm doing good now that you've arrived." He answers while continuing to smile at me. I feel a slight warmth rise onto my cheeks at that- is he flirting? No no george, you can't think like that for him, it will just make your only friendship end just like that.

"Ah- um that's good." I stutter out, trying to act like I'm not having an internal fight between my brain and heart currently.  Dream looks down for a moment before locking eyes with me again and then abruptly grabbing my hand.