Chapter 8

Huios found Thanatos the next day making himself a dark coffee, humming a Hamilton song with a disgruntled look on his face. Huios snickered. Wilbur and him had blasted Hamilton until late last night to "Chase the Dreams away" as Wilbur put it. He did feel a twinge of guilt for keeping Thanatos awake though.

"Hey Thandy!"

Thanatos looked over, glaring at him.

"No. If you want to give me a nickname, do something normal."

"Like Dick?"

"You're the one who was blasting hamilton at two am."

"Two-shay."

"It's spelt touche."

"Wha-"

Wilbur wandered in, grabbing himself a lighter coffee and mumbling at Thanatos as he passed.

"Don't break the fourth wall yet, the kid hardly knows you."

Thanatos glanced over at Wilbur, sipping his coffee.

"That wasn't a fourth wall break, I heard it in the way he said it."

Wilbur grumbled something about making him break the fourth wall instead and flopped on the couch, dramatically sighing. Huios just waited for the exchange to be over before he grinned and excitedly prodded Thanatos's arm.

"So what are we doing today?"

Thanatos smirked, picking up an axe that had been lying next to the table.

"Either training or researching Greek gods for my Paper."

Huios considered his options. The smarter option would probably be to do Greek gods but sparring with Thanatos was something he never got to do as a villain.

"How about we train and depending on how much you beat my ass we switch or continue?"

Thanatos glanced over at Wilbur.

"Hear that? A child is more willing to try and fight me than you are."

Wilbur groaned and flipped him off, chugging the rest of his coffee.

"That's because you'd put me in the hospital before I can land a single hit."

Suddenly Greek gods seemed more appealing.

----<>----

Huios gulped as he stood, holding a larp sword and facing Thanatos. The vigilante held his own larp axe, not wanting to actually injure Huios. At least, not yet. Thanatos called out to Huios, leading in the axe's handle.

"Ready?"

Huios nodded, forcing himself to focus. Thanatos nodded and picked up his axe, walking casually up to Huios.

The blonde narrowed his eyes and swung, aiming to hit Thanatos's shoulder. Thanatos easily ducked and swung te axe uo with a flick of his wrist, tapping Huios on the chin

"Now you're dead."

Huios considered this statement. He wasn't going to beat Thanatos anytime soon so he may as well make his "deaths" entertaining. He fell backwards in mock shock, thudding on the ground and chocking out dramatically.

"Tell Will... he's my favouriiiiiiiiiteeeeeeeee"

Thanatos snorted and helped him back up, stepping back again to begin another round.

"If that's how you're going to play this, today is going to be really fun."

Huios grinned and dashed at Thanatos, swinging his sword in random patterns to throw off any predictions he might try to make. Thanatos dodged most of them, grunting when the sword bounced off his arms and legs. A hit to the shoulder, bam. No arm. A hit on his thigh, bam. No leg. As Huios continued hitting, Thanatos collapsed in a pile jokingly.