Chapter 5

Seirin sighed as they got home, collapsing face first on the couch. Icarus snorted, walking off to his room to change. Before he could leave though, Thanatos walked out of the guest bedroom and put a hand on his chest. He was in civilian clothes but still wore his pig mask.

"Keep the mask on, we don't want him to know our identities when he wakes up."

Icarus nodded, continuing to his room. Thanatos glanced over at Seirin, snorting in amusement.

"While this looks amusingly pathetic, you still have a knife in the back of your leg."

He turned his head to face Thanatos, glaring. The pigman chuckled and grabbed a first aid kit. Seirin pulled a face.

"Can't I just drink a healing potion?"

"Healing potions will just make the hole in your leg normal unless the wound is closed."

Seirin sighed and faced the couch pillows again, squeezing his eyes shut in preparation for the pain. Thanatos pulled the knife out, earning a muffled scream (Which he ignored) as he began wrapping up the wound with a bandage to keep it together when the healing potion did it's thing. Seirin was still shaking a bit, facing the pillow. Thanatos gently stroked his hair, sighing.

"Sorry W-Seirin, do you want to drink the potion now or wait a bit?"

Seirin rolled over, wincing.

"Now, this sucks."

Thanatos nodded and handed him a potion. Seirin drank the potion quickly, gagging at the taste. Although it was disgusting, he felt his muscles and skin knitting back together slowly.

"How long does it usually take?"

Thanatos shrugged.

"Just keep the bandage on until tomorrow morning, It'll definitely be better by then."

Seirin nodded, leaning back on the couch. Everything had happened so fast, but at least Huios was safe now. Speaking of the boy-

"Thanatos?"

"Huios is safe, I took off his cape but other than that he's still in his villain getup."

"Can I see him?"

Thanatos nodded and helped Seirin stand up, leading him to the guest bedroom. Huios still wore his mask, but now with soft blonde curls falling over it. As Seirin looked closer, he saw the boy's eyes behind the mask were tightly shut and his brow seemed furrowed, probably having a nightmare.

"For someone having a nightmare he's awfully still."

Thanatos frowned.

"I'll get Phil, we should wake him up soon."

Seirin nodded, watching the boy for a while longer. He felt oddly protective of this kid, with his fun banter and sarcastic comments. He just hoped that the kid could get home safe at this point.

Thanatos came back with Icarus trailing behind, nodding to Seirin.

"Wake."

The boy with the smiling mask shot up in the bed, flicking a pocket knife out of a concealed pocket in his sleeve. He pointed it at Seiren, his body tense and his voice panicky.

"Where is Dream? Where am I?"

Icarus stepped closer, the knife swinging around to point at him.

"It's okay mate, Dream can't hurt you."

The boy lowered his knife, tilting his head. A taunting gesture that Dream commonly used.

"Did you catch him?"

Thanatos looked away and Seiren busied himself with his hair. Icarus glared at both before turning back to the masked boy.

"No... he got away."

The masked boy's head tilted down. Thanatos and Seiren readied themselves to hear regret and terror, just like everyone else they freed from Dream's grasp.

Instead, the boy let out a sinister chuckle.
"Good."

The three men were silent, letting Huios glance around the room. It was noticeably bare, so probably a guest bedroom. Bored of the room already, his gaze flicked over the three others in the room.

They were all pretty cool from what he had seen in their battles. Icarus treated him decently and told him that he could be better, Thanatos was pretty quiet but he had once lent a book to Huios that entertained him in his room for a while, and Seirin was just really fun to be around. Huios liked them, and currently they all looked kinda sad. Was it because of what he said?

"Sorry, I didn't mean to upset you guys. Can I go back to Dream now?"

"No."

Seirin's words were firm as his masked eyes locked with Huios's.

"Why?"

Thanatos scoffed.

"What do you mean why? Kid, that man hurt you. Didn't he?"

Huios hesitated. Dream did hurt him, but he did because he loved him!

"He loves me anyway, he's my family. Not like I have anyone else anyway."

Seirin spoke up immediately, putting his hand of Huios's shoulder.

"You have us. Please, stay and let us show you how family actually operates."

"Seirin."

Icarus stepped in, his gaze stern as he met Seirin's eyes.

"It's bad enough you want to bring one kid into the family, but another? I said you could try to save Tommy but we don't even know Huios's name."

Huios caught a breath, glancing at Seirin. He wanted to save his civilian form? Was Clay actually that bad?

"Is Clay really so bad that you want to save Tommy?"

Thanatos left the room, deciding he wasn't contributing to the conversation. Icarus frowned.

"You know Tommy?"

Huios nodded, the lie coming easily.
"He's a friend of mine. I met him once and he was fun to be around."

Seirin chuckled.

"Yeah it does seem like you two would get along."

"How do you know Tommy?"

Seirin hesitated, debating whether it was worth it to tell the truth. Icarus answered for him.

"We saved Tommy once on patrol and Seirin liked to follow him and see him interact with people."

Seirin glared at Icarus, hating how creepy that explanation made him sound but not correcting him.

Huios had never been saved by any of the syndicate leaders as Tommy. He knew that much. He let go of the subject though, deciding to look into it later.

"Fair enough. What are we going to do about the secret identity things? I don't really want to be wearing my smiley mask the whole time."

Icarus shrugged.

"You can reveal your identity if you wish or we can give you Seirin's old face mask since he already saw your eyes."

Huios huffed, hanging his head.

"Fine, but only if you guys go while I switch my voice changer over to the old mask. What about you guys? Do I get to see your identities?"

Icarus shook his head.

"Not until we're sure you won't go back and tell Dream who we are."