𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔 : 𝔹𝔼𝔽ℝ𝕀𝔼ℕ𝔻 ℍ𝕀𝕄

“𝐼𝑓 𝑜𝑝𝑝𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑢𝑛𝑖𝑡𝑦 𝑑𝑜𝑒𝑠𝑛’𝑡 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑐𝑘, 𝑏𝑢𝑖𝑙𝑑 𝑎 𝑑𝑜𝑜𝑟

“𝐼𝑓 𝑜𝑝𝑝𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑢𝑛𝑖𝑡𝑦 𝑑𝑜𝑒𝑠𝑛’𝑡 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑐𝑘, 𝑏𝑢𝑖𝑙𝑑 𝑎 𝑑𝑜𝑜𝑟.”

.

𝐒𝐄𝐂  𝟎𝟏

Wendy sat at a bench, all by herself, pondering upon things. In the distance Gon was talking to some contestants who had passed. Leorio and Kurapika were discussing how they should reach Killua when they saw Hanzo approaching.

She sighed and rubbed her temple. The news about Killua and Illumi shook her. She didn't know he had it that bad. For all she knew maybe he was avoiding her because he was being manipulated by his brother. And now it led to her feeling guilty about it (not that she had done something bad to him).

“ Wendy, you coming ?” Leorio called her over.

She felt herself grow nervous. With gradual steps she stood before them, fidgeting with her shirt before saying,“ I'm not done here. I think I'll pass.”

“ Wait, what ? You're not coming with us?” Gon suddenly yelled, excited. He had thought they were sticking together till the end.

“ No, that's not it.” She thought up the appropriate words first and then said,“ I will catch up. I'll be right behind you. But there's an unfinished business here. So don't worry.”

“ But...will you be okay ? You have absolutely no idea about things here,” Gon said worriedly.

Kurapika and Leorio gave them a weird look at this. Why wouldn't she be able to follow ? She looks big enough to look after herself.

“ I'll manage somehow. Maybe I can use this to my advantage.” She showed him her hunter license.“ I think I can find my way there.”

She offered him a thoughtful smile yet he was not satisfied. Wendy was new here. Moreover they were visiting the kukuroo Mountain which happens to be very close to the city. She had zero knowledge about the transport fare and all. The currency was different. Of course he'll be worried !

“ What's the matter ?” Kurapika intervened.

“ Oh she's never really been out of the house so...,” Gon was quick to cover up but Wendy interrupted him.

“ It's okay. I think there's no need of hiding it anymore.”

“ Woah what ? Is it like a big secret or something?” Leorio asked curiously.“Are you in a murder conspiracy? You're too good for that job !”Kurapika glared at him which shut him up.

Wendy shook her head and went on to explain everything. Kurapika wasn't that shocked to hear everything. Although the same cannot be said for Leorio. His jaws almost dropped to the ground.

“ You're a witch !”

“ Uh...I'm a mage. Yes.” Wendy smiled sweetly.

“ I'm not surprised considering magical beasts are a thing here. But I have to say I didn't expect you to be a mage.” Kurapika thought about it.“But now you can't use magic. So that makes you a normal human, right ?”