𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔 : 𝕁𝕌𝕃𝔼𝕌𝕊

“ 𝙸 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞

“ 𝙸 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞.”

.

𝐒𝐄𝐂  𝟎𝟏

Two more days passed after that but still no sign of a card, no sign of a book. All they got was despair and distress. Wendy was getting anxious as the guilt gradually began to hit her.

Is this a sign ?

Should we not venture further ?

I don't want to disappoint anyone.

Yet she tried to move that guilt away by trying the best she could to heal the King. And her deed reaped hints of hope and what may act like a vacuum for draining her distressing thoughts.

“ And you are ?”

“ Wendy, sir. Hana-san happens to be my aunt. I'm doing all I can to heal you,” Wendy replied bowing before the man who had opened his eyes partly. His vision was still blurry and could barely see the girl before him. He waved his hands in a way to acknowledge her help.

“ I see. And thank you for that. I...,” his words got slurry but his eyes formed into thin lines to give what looked like a smile of reassurance,“ I am obliged.”

“ He lost consciousness.” Hana took his wrist and counted his heartbeat. Then placing the back of her hand against his head tried to see the temperature. He was burning. She sighed and retreated her hand.“ It's been the same. His fever is too persistent to leave him.”

“ I'll do something,” Wendy assured and placing her hands over his head, started the healing session. It's tiring because she's not got magic anymore and it takes a heavy toll on her body. Might be because it took ten times more energy to do it without magic.

On the other side of the building, Gon, Killua, Bisky and Happy were searching through the rooms once again. Although they were sure it was not anywhere in the palace, they went at it again in order to keep Wendy's hopes up.

“ I don't think it's anywhere here,” Killua told Bisky. Both of them were in the west wing.

“ You're right. I love collecting jewels and some of them are too small for the eyes to see,” Bisky said.“ It's not here.”

Gon and Happy were in the opposite wing searching through some spare rooms. The latter was complaining but the former went on with the search.

“ I think we should keep trying,” said Gon.

“ Aye !” Happy saluted and got into a vent.

“ Happy ! What're you doing ?” Gon said nervously as the smaller crept into the narrow space.

“ We can't leave any place unchecked. I'll search the vents too.”

“ Uh, sure. You do that.” Gon smiled and thought him to be adorable to be trying so hard for a friend.