𝔼ℙ𝕀𝕃𝕆𝔾𝕌𝔼

“ 𝙸𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚜 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝚊𝚜𝚑

“ 𝙸𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚜 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝚊𝚜𝚑.”

.

Set in a landscape of low lying hills, with a valley in between across which a snow covered mountain range streched beyond, a lone girl dressed up in not so warm clothes, began her upward ascend. Even in the cool climate, a few beads of sweat tricked down her forehead as her luggage seemed to get heavier with each step. Yet, she didn't stop.

Letting out a last huff of annoyance, she shook off the weariness as she grinned on reaching the top. Removing a strand of her cheery blossom locks from her face, she prepared to cheer for being able to overcome the long hurdle.“ I did it—”

However her hopes crashed to the ground as she noticed another ascend in the distance, the path twisting to take place on another mountain, a little lower than the previous one. The settlement lying beyond it was still not visible and it meant that the climb was not over, yet.

“ Goddamnit ! Screw this shit !” A string of profanities escaped her lips as she pushed her shades back on the bridge of her nose, which had turned red from the cold.

The journey began with yet another step.

“ The things I do for you....”

...

“ Are you alright, father ?”

“ Hm ? Oh, just brooding over things.”

The boy with average height stood beside the tall figure, his hands clasped behind him as they walked the length of the flower gardens. Their distinguished characters that separated them, physically, from the rest of the world, was on full display as the smaller boy ran his hands over them to make the features disappear, taking a human form.

“ So when are you leaving ?”

“ Tomorrow, morning.”

“ Atleast I don't have to listen to your tantrums any longer.”

“ You wish to tolerate them longer, though,” he chuckled.

They shared a hearty laugh before being engulfed by a peaceful silence. A rough wind bade the older to pull the robe tighter around him. With tousled hair, they enjoyed the afternoon air as a low hubbub spread through the land beyond the walls.

“ I'm glad you're taking a step forward, Juleus. It takes a lot of courage,” he paused,“ on that note, I'll be awaiting your letters.”