𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟔 : ℙ𝕀ℂ𝕋𝕌ℝ𝔼 ℙ𝔼ℝ𝔽𝔼ℂ𝕋

“ 𝙰𝚍𝚒ó𝚜 !”

“ 𝙰𝚍𝚒ó𝚜 !”

.

𝐒𝐄𝐂  𝟎𝟏

“ Something wrong ? Are you referring to ant-san whom you disposed of just now ?”

“ Yes,” he said hesitantly, still not facing her.

“ You think killing him was wrong ?”

“ Yes.”

“ But it was a defense mechanism, am I right ?”

He paused for a moment. He vividly remembered him pulling out the device implanted in his head by his brother. Before that everything was a blur. And after that...he acted on the spur of the moment.“ Yes.”

“ Was he a potential threat ?”

“ He...was.”

“ Did he show you mercy ?”

He thought for a moment and his face showed lines of disappointment.“ No.”

“ Was there anything else you could have done?”

“...no.”

“ Then it's okay. Killua-kun did it to protect himself, so it's okay,” she said, staring at his back.

“ It's not just this, it's about everything I've done until now...,” he said through gritted teeth.

“ What..have you done ?” She asked unsure.

“ I've killed tons, that's what I have done !” His sudden outburst made her flinch. Yes, she was surprised, not because of him repenting but...

“ But Killua-kun was an assassin, right ?”

“ I wasn't ! I was made into one,” he turned around all of a sudden and took a step right upto her face. His voice sounded desperate.“ Tell me, Wendy, what do you think of me ?”

“ E-eh ? Um.. you're a very good friend and...,” she wondered whether it was a good idea to add something else to it but decided against it. This is not the time.

“ Right ?” He tried to smile but couldn't.“ I see myself nothing much than a killer.”

Wendy kept quiet. What is she supposed to say? This is a crucial moment and as a friend she should give a decent answer. But what was the decent answer ? More than that, something changed about him. Why was he suddenly asking all these questions ? Last time he killed someone, he didn't show much of a reaction. Then what's different this time ?

“ You see...,” he looked down at his feet and covered one of his eyes with a hand. Letting out a sarcastic chuckle, he continued,“...today I found out, all my life, I've been nothing but a puppet of my brother.”