𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕 : ℂ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝕌ℝ𝔼𝔻

“ 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚛𝚝

“ 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚛𝚝.”

.

𝐒𝐄𝐂  𝟎𝟏

Wendy.

A shiver ran down her spine as the bluenette felt an odd feeling. The deep groggy, voice still echoed in her inner ears and although she swore she heard it loud and clear, the expressions of the other two told her otherwise.

Wendy.

She tried to stay calm. But she just couldn't shook off the feeling of being under constant vigilance.

“ Wendy ?” Happy’s familiar voice cut off the foreign one and she released a deep breath.“ Can I have that ?” A thin trail of drool ran down his chin as he eyed the baguette in her hand.

Her head dipped down as she nodded not really paying much attention to his words. He almost snatched the bread from her yet she just stared at the ground, deep in thoughts.

Is she hallucinating ?

“ Kurapika !”

All their heads shot up at the new yet familiar presence. Well, mostly. Happy was still busy filling his stomach while Gon spit out his food at Killua's face when he yelled out the newcomer’s name. The latter sat there disgusted at his friend's action.

Both Gon and Wendy ran upto the blonde who looked tired out of his wits. He had visible bags under his eyes and the tone he used to speak literally screamed that he needed rest.

Gon noticed everything while he conversed with him. The boy had his own way of manipulating people. The fact was pretty much known to everyone how strong Kurapika’s resolve is. But being his friends they didn't want him to dirty his hands with else's blood. It feels like an unspoken duty on their part.

“ You good, Wendy ?” Kurapika said not staring at Wendy, directly. He laughed lightly at Gon and Killua's goofy behaviour as they were at food wars with each other. The girl nodded good heartedly.“ I heard the spiders are dead.”

He said it plainly without any hesitation. But there was still a longing look in his gaze. It's like he was freed from his burden yet there was a regret that he wasn't the one to do it.

“ It's a good thing as Gon-kun had said. But I want you to meet a friend. Happy !”

The blue exceed perked up at his name. He looked up at them from the distance, his mouth stuffed with food.“ Who-i’t ?”(who is it)