𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖 : 𝔻𝕀𝕊𝕋ℝ𝔼𝕊𝕊

“𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚗𝚊𝚒𝚟𝚎

“𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚗𝚊𝚒𝚟𝚎. 𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝙸'𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝.”

.

𝐒𝐄𝐂  𝟎𝟏

Wendy.

“ Huh !” She shot up from the bed, panting lightly.

Huff. Huff. Huff. Huff.

A thin trail of sweat trickled down the side of her face. With the back of her palm she rubbed herself and sat up properly. Fidgeting around her hand found a thin fabric which covered her body.

She looked around herself and took in the room she was in. It was a shabby room. The walls were faded and there was nothing but a small table and chair besides the bed she was laying on. A single ray of light entered through the only window in the room giving the dingy space a decent glow.

She felt a light throb in her head. Getting up she walked towards the table and found a jug with a small glass. Grateful for whoever had kept it there she poured some and chugged it down in one go.

“ They'll...back...now...”

She heard a broken conversation from the other side of the wall. The voices were muffled and only bits and pieces of it reached her ears. She felt better because the tone struck familiar.

The bluenette stepped out of her room and into the chilly corridor. Following the voice she knocked on the next door across the hallway and a muffled ‘come in’ resounded in the room.

Wendy went inside and found three familiar faces. One was Leorio who greeted her with a cheery salute, the second Melody who was sitting on a chair near the bed and acknowledged her with a nod, and lastly there was Kurapika who was bedridden.

Melody proceeded to get up from her seat for Wendy who noticed it and immediately stopped her.“ Please, don't.”

“ It's okay. You might feel dizzy.”

“ No, I'm fine. Thanks for watching out for me,” Wendy said politely shaking her head and Melody sat back down, dubiously.

“ How are you now?” Kurapika sat up before the girl could stop him from taking pain in doing so. His face looked extremely pale and his eye bags were more prominent than before.

“ I feel much better. But what happened?”

“ You fainted. For a moment Kurapika thought of actually killing their boss but Gon said it's not them,” Leorio intervened.“ You're out for an entire day. There was slight temperature but since morning you felt fine and were just sleeping.”

She nodded and gazed at Kurapika, sadly. There was a disappointment that she couldn't help much. What shocked her more was the blonde giving her an apologetic look.“ The fault was mine. Happy had been right. Something or the other might have triggered you. But my resolve was rather stubborn and I obnoxiously overlooked it. And I apologise for that.”