𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟕 : 𝕋𝕌𝕄𝕌𝕃𝕋𝕌𝕆𝕌𝕊 𝕋𝕀𝕄𝔼

“ 𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚔𝚢

“ 𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚔𝚢.”

.

ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀʟᴀᴄᴇ ɪɴᴠᴀꜱɪᴏɴ

𝑾𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏 𝑲𝒏𝒐𝒗’𝒔 𝒅𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏

Gon was sitting in the corner of the white room in a grim mood. There was a visible change in his temper. Everybody else tried their best to turn a blind eye to him but the premonition of something bad happening occurred to all of them.

Their new addition to the team Ikalgo and Meleoron prepared themselves too for their fight against their own race. It'd be a lie to say that they weren't scared. But they were prepared for the worst.

And by worst it meant.....

Killua glanced at Gon from the corner of his eyes. Only he had the courage to go and sit beside Gon. The rest were concerned that one wrong word would make him snap.

Three people were absent. Figheim, Wendy and Happy.

“ Hey idiot, wipe that shitty look off your face,” Killua said as he sat in front of Gon. He relaxed his upper body, leaning on the bright wall behind.“ You're scaring them.” There's a reason as to why he didn't use the word ‘us’.

“ Hm ?” Gon hadn't even sensed his friend sitting before him. So he flinched at his voice.“ Does my face look scary ?” He asked, confused, pointing at himself.

“ You bet. So get yourself together.”

Gon didn't reply and looked down at his clasped hands. His lack of responses concerned Killua who raised his voice a bit,“ Gon !”

“ I can hear you,” the latter said calmly which greatly intimidated the others present in the room. They've been listening to their conversation. But the tone with which Gon spoke made them snap back to their own business. It sounded like the boy was indirectly telling them not to listen to their conversation.

“ Say something then,” Killua grumbled a bit disappointed at his tone.

“ Sorry. I was deep in thoughts.” Gon looked up at the silverette who stared back and offered a soft smile. It calmed the latter down who was used to seeing the boy happy-go-lucky.“ I just hope all of this gets over as fast as possible. Kite is all that matters.”

“ Yeah....right,” Killua let out in a hollow tone.

“ I hope Palm’s okay too. I swear if they touch her--”

“ She'll be fine. She's stronger than us,” the silverette said casually.

“ Yeah, you're right,” Gon thought for a moment before laughing foolishly. Is this the time I go crazy ? He thought and yet again chuckled at the thought.