19•

Indescribable unclear feelings, just as how someone feels while staring at the endless diamond sky

Indescribable unclear feelings, just as how someone feels while staring at the endless diamond sky. And just like that, he wished and hoped that every of those feelings turn out true.

Wahida, her name sent down shivers to his spine, it made the energy in him to create lava, it made the butterflies to wander around haphazardly in his stomach. Just the name gave him the joy he didn't get for all those years and even more. Is this what love feels like? He had always asked himself with a smile on his face.

Though he was going through the hardest phase of his life because his parents wouldn't talk to him for divorcing his wife, he still managed to maintain the little joy he gained by every chance he got. And he was ready as ever to understand his feelings before going for something he knew he'll regret again. No doubt a second Asra would end his life for good and he wouldn't want that.

He sighed for the second time again before trying his luck the third time a week. He was not going to give up, at least not on his parents since they were all that was left for him in the world. He pressed the door bell and waited for someone to open the door. But instead, he heard a voice through the intercom, and he definitely knew whose voice it was.

"Don't even think about it, turn and leave" His mother had said. Well, he wasn't surprised that she knew he was the one at their doorstep because the little corridor there had a camera which allowed the people inside to see the person ringing the bell. It was a way of avoiding unwanted guests too, just like Naeem that day.

"I'll come back again" Naeem said in a high pitched voice so she'll hear before he walked away. He would try a hundred times so they'll forgive him.

Naeem's mother wanted to forgive him, she wasn't even angry at all. But she acted angry to train him to be a better husband if he ever gets married again. She didn't know what transpired between him and Asra but she didn't want it to happen with a different girl in the future. The footsteps of a person who divorces easily was not the one she wanted Naeem to follow hence she was acting that way. At least whenever in the future he wants to divorce his wife again, he'll think ten times before he does.

Naeem did not eat breakfast hoping that his mother will forgive him that day and he'll get to eat her food which he missed a lot, but he ended up going back with an empty stomach.

Naeem wanted to go to work but he needed some food down his throat so he stopped at the very first eatery he saw on the way to the hospital. The eatery was your typical mama-put eatery because it was somehow local. Naeem didn't care though because all that mattered at the moment was for him to find something that will try to catch up to his mother's delights.

He parked his car at the space closest to the eatery before he went ahead into the place. A woman, probably in her late 40s walked to him with a menu on her hand. The first food on the menu was what he immediately had a craving for, Pounded yam and stew.