36•

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

"Are you not going to work today Adda Hida?" Nabila said tapping her shoulders on her bed. "What?" Hidaya groaned and moved a bit on her bed. "Work!" She shouted. "Inna lillahi wa'inna ilaihi raji'un. Am I late?" Hidaya asked standing up from the bed.

"Not really, but you'll be if you don't hurry. Everyone is already at breakfast" Nabila said. "You're a life saviour Bila, I'll quicken my routine and come down in a bit" Hidaya said before rushing into her bathroom.

As she said, she quickened her routines because that was the first time ever in Hidaya's life that she took her bath in such short time. She got cladded into a floral red and white beige dress. She couldn't sit to do her hair so she just packed it into a messy bun and put a cap on top of it then draped her red veil over her head. She arranged her bag making sure to put everything in it before she rushed down the stairs to get something to eat.

"Good morning Abba, good morning Ummi, good morning Ya Nabil, good morning Zaida and good morning girls" Hidaya greeted hastily before she settled on her chair at the dining table. "Well that's a first, I have never seen you rush this way but morning" Abba said.

"Yeah I also haven't. She was always the one to wake me up which she mostly does with threatens but look at her waking up late" Aida remarked with a mouth filled with food. "This is the first time and it won't happen again, pass me the cereal please" Hidaya said, the former to Aida and the latter to Nabila.

"Or maybe it's time you switch duties with Aida" Nabiha commented. "I know right Adda Biha, it would be so great to catch her expression after threatening to pour cold water on her if she doesn't wake up" Aida laughed while Nabila, Zaida and Nabiha joined her.

"No one is threatening anyone okay" Nabil said. "Thank you ya Nabil! I don't know why they're trying to gang up on me after waking up late just this one time" Hidaya said. "And Biha, I thought we were a squad, how could you laugh with them about this?" Hidaya added feigning hurt.

"I can't take your side forever, not when it's fun to see you pout" Nabiha replied. "Abba! Ummi!" Hidaya called pouting deeper. "You should let her be" Ummi said. "Thank you!" Hidaya exclaimed and they laughed.

"I'll get going now, bye!" Hidaya added. "What do you mean you'll get going? Don't tell me you're planning to survive the morning on just cereal?" Abba asked. "I am late for work, I might choke on the food!" Hidaya said. "That's not happening, wait a while and get it packed. You can eat it when you've calm down" Abba suggested.

"I agree sit for a while let me get Jummai to pack the food for you" Ummi said. "No Ummi I'll just go and get her myself, eat your food" Hidaya said and walked her way to the kitchen. After a while, she returned with one of the maids and a plastic disposable takeaway.

"Bye then" Hidaya said after she has secured the takeaway on her hand. "Tell the driver to drive safely" Nabil shouted before she disappeared out of their sight.

As soon as Hidaya's driver saw her, he rushed to her car, greeted her and opened the door to her so she could get in. "Thank you and good morning" Hidaya said before sliding into the door. Abba got her a new Toyota Corolla sedan and also a personal driver on her second day of work. They had gotten along so well with her aged driver, he was almost her late mother's age.

It had been a week into her job, a week of being busy and also a week of having to go to and fro the world trade centre. It had been a great experience for Hidaya because they deal with interesting yet hard work.

Arriving at the world trade center, Hidaya did her daily routine which included submitting some files for signing and also checking the function of the computers at the communication department before she settled on her seat.