27•

After five months

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

Blue

A natural colour filled with autumn happiness, the colour of the sea and sky, iris and flowers, feathers and wings.

It is also a feeling, a deep emotion carved out by a moment of drowsiness.

But Sameer was far from feeling blue, he was feeling the exact opposite. He woke up filled with enthusiasm without knowing a particular reason behind his sudden happiness, it just happened. But for an odd reason, he kept feeling like something would go wrong.

As always, he shrugged the feeling and dwelled in his happiness. He wouldn't sacrifice the happiness in the duration he could get it for an unconfirmed feeling. Not then, not ever.

It's been five months already and many things happened. Those things included Naeem getting married again to none other but Wahida. It was a marriage based on strong trust. Both of them trusted each other enough that they agreed to get married after only a month of dating.

Life became unpredictable for Sameer from the very moment his supposed brother walked into their lives, It's been months but it's the same feeling. Don't get him wrong, he was their brother but still a stranger to them. And to add that he acted very weirdly towards almost everything, especially towards Sameer. He carries with him an eerie yet calculative aura which always kept Sameer wondering. His every movement made Sameer more and more suspicious about him, plus he goes out at night and return late. Most of his behaviours got Sameer thinking that he was the bad egg amongst them, he just didn't seem to fit anywhere.

Clearing off the million thoughts that bombarded his early morning brain, Sameer got off bed and took his bath in the toilet. He wore something comfy rather than the sophisticated coats he always wears to work, as he had decided to take a day off work.

He also planned on skipping breakfast that morning but he prepared a cup of coffee to take. At least his stomach wasn't left empty.

Sitting cross legged on a sofa in his living room while typing away on his phone, Naeem barged into the room just like a thief would but with a taslim.

"So much for being my friend that you decided to barge into my living room" Sameer said, sarcastically rolling his eyeballs.

"I feel attacked wollah" Naeem said acting startled. "You ARE being attacked, by me. And I am telling you one day, someone will get you arrested for barging in on people" Sameer voiced calmly taking another sip from his cup of coffee.

"If you want me to leave just tell me Kawai. And yes, I came in thinking maybe you're in your room not here, I intended on knocking at the door to your room, but here you are accusing me of theft, a whole me fa" Naeem said feigning hurt, he was a very capable actor. He was the Drama King in Sameer's life, Oh how lucky he was.

"How you're no more serious about your life is disturbing wollah" Sameer said with disbelief in his tone. "Yes I know that myself. And I'm not leaving again, not until you give me food, I'm famished" Naeem complained with a sigh.

"What do you mean by I give you food, where's your wife or is she dead?" Sameer asked daring him to say otherwise. Like, a well grown man with a wife at home will just barge into people's house and ask for food?, it was just not done.