31•

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

She could feel her own hands moving, her brows furrowing in confusion and her eyelids battling to open, but couldn't. Afraid that she'd become paralyzed, she tried moving her toes which came out a success even though she couldn't move the whole leg. After much of efforts, she finally moved her legs.

What is wrong with me? Hidaya thought because of how she couldn't open her eyes, how heavy she felt her body that she couldn't move a limb that easy, how her eyelashes bash up and down fanning the lower part of her eyes in trifling attempts.

It took so much exertion from her before she finally succeeded in parting her upper and lower eyelids only to close them back in a flash because of the blinding light that was reflecting around the room. Hidaya opened it again on the attempt to adjust to the sudden light but still closed the eyes back as it was difficult to do so.

That was when she realized that something was beeping around her which actually made her to cringe because of how loud the beeping was. She made the third attempt again so as to know what was beeping beside her and after much exertion yet again, Hidaya managed to adjust to the light. She looked by the left side of her bed only to be met with a heart monitor. What was it doing there? In order to answer the question she asked herself, she trailed her eyes off the monitor and screened the environment she was laying. It was a hospital room and there was no one in the room.

Everything came back to her then, how she found herself on that hospital bed and from every indication, she had been asleep for a very long time. The body pain explained everything.

Hidaya tried to sit up and get herself some water from the jug on the table beside her bed but failed the attempt. "Water, water, water ............" Came her hoarse voice which was inaudible but she still kept voicing with the hope that someone might hear her and come to her aid.

Just as she was about to give up the calls, she heard the door creak which made her to move her eyeballs to the direction. It was someone she had never set her eyes on and that made her to think, whether she'd lost her memory or something like that.

The young lady who came in rushed to Hidaya's side in a hurry with one of the brightest smile.

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

Hidaya wanted badly to reply that question but kept mum instead as her voice was not clear enough to speak more than two words. "Water" Hidaya whispered to her hearing and she gave a reflex action as fast as she could by pouring some of the water from the jug into a glass cup which was also on the table. She held Hidaya by the arm and helped her to adjust herself on the bed and also adjusted her pillow before passing the cup to her even though it didn't leave her hand, they both held the cup.

After taking the water, Hidaya felt a bit better, the water eased her nerves and cleared her throat.

"Who are you and what are you doing in my room?" Hidaya asked looking at strange girl with narrowed eyes. "That shouldn't be discussed now, I will go get the doctor" she replied and before Hidaya could add anything to her words, she had already exited the room.

After the fewest minutes, the doctor and two nurses together with the unknown rushed into the room. The doctor examined Hidaya for some minutes before giving few orders to the nurses. He assured that she was now fine and only need to replenish her strength which could take a day or two. He changed her prescriptions and also made the nurses to disconnect the heart monitor as he claimed she wouldn't need it again.

They all stepped out after they were done with what brought them to the room.

"Who are you and what am I doing here?" Hidaya asked the young lady again. She smiled and dragged the seat which was at the rare end of the room - close to Hidaya's bed - before settling on it with a smile lingering on her face.