Chapter 3:The Stars, Moon, and Memories

Y/n POV:

After I had been brought to the scouts HQ, I changed into my new uniform. It wasn't very comfortable, but they were new, without any holes or tears. Erwin had introduced me to the other scouts, and assigned me to a squad. Of course, I was put on Levi's squad. I had yelled at Erwin saying that this wasn't going to work, but he just said in his deep voice "I have already decided it, and if you don't, we will have no choice, but to hand you over to the MP. So make your choice.". I had just sighed, and walked over to the Levi squad, muttering swear words under my breath.

When night came, a girl named Hanji, who was way to happy, and too giddy for my liking showed me to my room, which was of course right across the hall from Levi's. 'Ugh this just keeps getting better.' I thought to myself, "So what was Levi like growing up?! Don't you guys have history?!" Hanji had yelled into my ear, after showing me to my room. "He was the same as he is here, cold-hearted, and grouchy." Hanji had just laughed, and she shortly left me in my room. I had a feeling I was put in this room, close to Levi's, so he could keep an eye on me.

I had taken my boots off, and laid on my new bed. The comfort was amazing, and I quickly drifted to sleep.

--Dream--

"Papa! Stop! You are going to kill her!" I yelled, my father was kicking and punching my mother, who laid on the floor, unable to stop the beating. "Shut up! She is worthless trash! Just like you!" he yelled, making me shut up immediately. He then pulled something shiny from his pocket.

"(Y/n) run!" my mother yelled, as my father plunged the shiny object into her chest. My mother's body fell limp, her eyes opened wide, as the life drained from them. Blood pooled all over the floor, I quickly got up and ran out of the broken down house. I could hear my father yell "Get back here, you piece of shit! It's your turn to die!" I just kept running, as fast as my little legs could carry me.

I ran away as far as I could, and hid in a dark alley. Where I sat up against the dirty bricks, and pulled my knees to my chest, before I started to sob.

--End of Dream--

My eyes shot open, I sat up, my breathing was heavy, and my eyes quickly scanned the room. I realized I was still in my new room at HQ, and I took deep breaths to calm myself down. That's when I felt something wet falling down my cheeks, reaching my hand up I quickly wiped away the tears. After a few more minutes I had calmed down, but I couldn't fall back to sleep. I walked out of my room, quietly closing the door behind me, as I walked the halls of HQ.

I found a set of stairs leading up, and I ascended them. At the top was a door, I opened it to reveal a balcony. I walked over to the edge, and sat on one of the taller bricks. I propped one of my knees up and rested my arm on it, my other arm behind me, supporting me as I looked up to the sky. The moon was bright, and around it danced thousands of stars. It was beautiful. I closed my eyes, while still looking up. I relaxed, as I could hear wolves howling in the distance, and felt the breeze on my face, and flowing through my (h/l),(h/c) hair.

Before I could relax anymore, I heard the door to the balcony open. I quickly opened my eyes and turned my head, so I could see who it was. Infront of the door stood a small, but well built figure. "What are you doing brat?" His cold words spoke to me, but I just turned my focus back to the stars. I could hear his footsteps getting closer, "You aren't thinking of jumping are you?" I shook my head as he sat on another tall brick, a few feet away from me, knowing I didn't want him close. "If I wanted to kill myself, there are others ways I would choose, than jumping to my death. Besides, I am finally out of the underground, it would be a waste if I killed myself." He didn't say anything, but I didn't care.

We both just sat there, looking up at the night sky. Until he broke the silence "Was it because of the nightmares again, is that why you are up here and not sleeping?" I tensed, I was surprised he still remembered I had nightmares.

"Yes" I spoke almost at a whisper, but he heard it. There was only one thing that had stopped the nightmares, but I refused to even think of that.

--Flashback--

I woke up screaming, and Levi came running out of his room "(Y/n) are you okay!" the raven haired man asked, concern laced in his voice. I didn't answer, I just sat there, starring at nothing, tears rolling down my face. He walked over, and hugged me tight. "It's okay (Y/n), I am here." That's when I broke down crying, Levi just hugged me tighter, and rubbed small circles on my back, whispering calming words to me.

Once my sobs had subsided, he whispered into my ear "Do you want to come sleep with me?" I just nodded, I was 17 at the time, and we had been friends for so long by that time, it wasn't weird or awkward. Levi stood up, and held my hand, as I stood up after him, and followed him into his bedroom. He led me to the old and torn mattress, and tucked me in, once I laid down. He walked to the other side, and crawled into the covers with me. We laid there facing each other, on our sides. He then lifted his arm, and I scooted towards him. I snuggled my face into his chest, as he wrapped his arms tightly around me. I could hear his heart beating quietly, and it caused me to fall asleep.

We slept like that, all through the night until morning came. I had no nightmares, after I was in bed, snuggled up to the short, yet strong man.

--End of Flashback--

"I am going back to bed." I said, as I turned away from the edge, and was walking back into HQ. "We have training tomorrow, so make sure you are up early." was all he said. Once I made it back to my room, I laid back down onto my bed. I fell asleep thinking of the stars and the old, now sad memory.

A/N: Hello! Author-Chan here! I hope you are all enjoying the story so far! Stay turned for the next chapter coming tomorrow! Also if you haven't noticed, I have attached a video of Levi singing in all my chapters for you to listen to, and a picture of him. Please feel free to save the pictures! Till next time!