Chapter 8: I Hate You

Levi POV:

After we made it back inside the walls, and back to HQ. I handed my black stallion over to Eren, and I walked up behind (Y/n), as she was getting ready to untack her horse. "(L/n), come to my office, as soon as you are done putting your horse away." She didn't reply, but I figured she understood. I can't really blame her for being so distant from me, after all I left her in the darkness of the underground.

"Levi!" I heard shitty glasses yell at me. "What do you want four eyes?" I scoffed to her as I kept walking into HQ, and towards my office. "Damn shorty, you seem a lot more grumpier now, than you have been all day."

"So? I am always grumpy."

"Yeah, but usually you aren't this bad. What's got your panties in a twist?" I tried to turn and smack her, but she dodge it. "Whoa, there feisty!"

"Tch, that damn brat (L/n) is why I am so pissy. She doesn't follow orders, and almost got herself killed."

"Oh Levi, you really do care for people." she laughed, I opened the door to my office and shut it in her face before she could continue. I grumbled as I sat in my chair, behind my desk. I then began to write my report before (Y/n) got here.

I had gotten about halfway through when I heard my door open, "Hey four eyes, get the hell out!" I said, before looking up. "Wrong person, dumbass." great it just had to be her.

"Can't you atleast knock?"

"No."

"How about you take a seat then?"

"No."

Damn she was starting to really piss me off. "(L/n) I am your captain and I said to sit the fuck down!" Her head quickly turned to look at me, her (e/c) orbs, glaring right into mine as she took a seat infront of my desk. She crossed her legs, and arms, and glared at me "What do you want Captain?" she hissed at me, emphasizing the word 'Captain'.

"I want to talk about what you did today."

"Oh yeah, you mean when I decided to go kill some titans, without waiting for your instructions?"

"Yes, it was very stupid and you could've gotten yourself killed. You have to wait for my orders before doing something that reckless. If Eren, Mikasa, and I hadn't shown up, you could've been seriously injured or killed."

"Tch, yeah like you would've cared if I died, actually I am pretty sure you would've loved if that abnormal chewed me up and swallowed me whole." Now she was really starting to piss me off.

"(L/n)! I may not act like it, but I do care about my subordinates."

"Yeah right."

"You know what-!" I was about to say but she stood up, and slammed her hands on my desk cutting me off.

"No! You know what Captain?! You are nothing, but a heartless piece of shit! You don't give a damn about anyone but yourself! I thought we would always stay by each other's side?! We promised that we would, and you just left me! You didn't even say goodbye! I spent weeks looking for you, Isabel, and Farlan! When I couldn't find you three I figured you had died! But then I heard that some people matching your description got taken away and joined the Survey Corps! I then figured that you would come back for me someday, but you didn't! You left me in the dark for 10 fucking years Levi! Do you know what that does to a person?! No you have no fucking clue! You only thought of yourself these past 10 years and you'll die thinking about only yourself! I hate you fucking Levi Ackerman! And I hope someday you burn in hell!"

With that she simply stormed out of my office, I could hear her stomp all the way down the hallway, and down the stairs. I put my head in my hands and groaned, something inside me hurt after hearing her words, but I couldn't understand what. She hated me, and I could understand why, but what she doesn't know is that I had planned to go back and save her from the underground. After Isabel and Farlan died, I was so sick with grief I had forgotten about the one person, I truly cared for and now she hated me.

I sat there for what seemed to be hours, before I heard a knock at my door. "What do you want?" I scoffed.

"It's me, Eren, Captain."

"Come in." Eren slowly opened the door, and came in. He sat a tray of food infront of me, with a cup of tea. "You missed dinner sir, and with how mad (Y/n) was after she left your office, I figured something happened, and I wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Tch, I am fine titan boy."

"Okay sir." and with that he saluted and walked out, closing the door behind him 'I hate you!'. the words kept playing over and over in my head. I didn't feel like eating, so I simply stood up and went into my bedroom that is connected to my office, and grabbed some clean clothes, and made my way into my bathroom. I took off my dirty clothes, and threw them into my clothes basket, and stepped into the shower. 'I hate you!' 'I hate you!' Was all my mind could hear, I couldn't hear the water flowing around me, or the hooting of the owls outside. I don't know why, but those words had hurt more than breaking a rib, or being stabbed.

Once I finished getting cleaned, I got out, dried off, and put on some clean clothes. I knew I wouldn't get any sleep tonight, so I decided to finish my report, and do some other paperwork, as my mind drifted to some very old memories.