Chapter Twelve

*narrator pov*
Shots were fired continuously at the compound, and it sunk beneath the ground.
Debris crashed down.
Bruce caught some, stopping it from crushing the other avengers.
Rocket was stuck under a pile of debris.
"I can't breathe. I can't breathe! I can't breathe!" he exclaimed.
"Canopy, canopy, canopy" Rhodey got out of his damaged suit.
"Rhodey! Rocket! Get outta here!" Bruce ordered.
Rhodey crawled over to where Rocket was stuck, and lifted the debris off him.
"Hurry up! Hurry up! Come on" Rocket urged.
Rhodey sighed with relief when he finally got him free.
"Rhodey!" Bruce exclaimed, as a flood suddenly poured down and engulfed Rhodey and Rocket.
Scott was not far away, but they were separated by the debris.
He had survived the blast, as he had shrunk just in time.
He looked around, but couldn't see you anywhere.
"Y/n! Hey where are you?" he startled to scramble through the ruins of the building. "Please be okay, please be okay."
"Mayday, mayday! Does anybody copy? We're in the lower level, it's flooding!" Scott heard Rhodey yelling.
"What?" Scott cried.
"We're drowning! Does anybody copy? Mayday!"
"Wait! I'm here! I'm here, can you hear me?" Scott headed for the direction the sound had come from.
———
Tony hurried over to Steve's unconscious body.
"Come on, buddy. Wake up. That's my man" Tony said.
Steve opened his eyes.
"You lose this again, I'm keeping it" he warned as he handed Steve his shield.
"What happened?" Steve groaned.
"You messed with time. It tends to mess back. You'll see."
Steve got to his feet, and walked with Tony towards Thor.
"Where's y/n?" Tony asked.
"I don't know" Thor replied blankly, not taking his eyes off Thanos, who was sitting not far away.
"You don't know?! Then what are you doing just standing here?"
"I can't help her. If she's alive, she'll be fine. If she's dead... I don't... I can't..."
"We have to find her!"
"Tony, I'm sure she's fine. But we have bigger problems" Steve gestured towards Thanos. "What's he been doing?"
"Absolutely nothing" Thor informed.
"Where are the stones?" Steve asked.
"Somewhere under all this. All I know is he doesn't have them" Tony sighed.
"So we keep it that way" Steve said.
"You know it's a trap, right?" Thor mentioned.
"Yeah, and I don't much care" Tony shrugged.
"Good. Just as long we are all in agreement. Let's kill him properly this time" Thor remarked. He raised his hand and his hammer flew through the air into his palm. His clothes transformed into his armour and cape.
The three of them walked over to confront Thanos.
———
You winced as you pushed some debris off you. The movement made some more things fall down around you, but luckily none hit you.
You gasped and coughed up the dust that was flying in your mouth.  
You winced and scrambled to your feet to find your way out the ruins of the compound.
Not long later, an alien jumped at you out of nowhere.
You quickly blasted a ball of energy at it. The floor shook slightly as it was thrown back against a wall.
No others were around, so you continued walking.
Your jaw clenched and you gritted your teeth as your pain suddenly became anger.
You'd had enough of this.
You stormed through the debris, your aura glowing purple.
———
"In all my years of conquest– violence– slaughter– It was never personal. But I'll tell you now– what I'm about to do to your stubborn, annoying little planet– I'm gonna enjoy it. Very, very much" Thanos from 2014 grinned, as an entire army appeared behind him.
Steve slowly got to his feet, and with a fierce determination, he tightened his broken shield to his arm.
He was standing alone, in front of Thanos and his army.
A crackling sound came through his communicator.
"Hey cap can you read me?"
Steve paused, listening intently for more.
"Cap, it's Sam. Can you hear me?" Sam asked. "On your left."
Steve raised his hand to his ear and slowly turned, as a portal opened behind him.
Black Panther, Shuri and Okoye walked through.
T'Challa nodded slightly, and Falcon flew over his head through the portal.
As he did, dozens more portals ripped open in the sky.
Dr Strange descended out of one. Drax, Mantis, Star-Lord and Spider-Man came out with him.
Heroes from every corner of the universe arrived, and everyone watched in awe.
All the avengers that had blipped, they had all returned.
Thor grabbed his hammer, and Tony sat up on the ground.
He watched proudly as his wife landed, wearing her suit.
Dr Strange spoke to Wong: "is that everyone?"
"What you wanted more?" Wong asked.
Suddenly, the remains of the compound exploded as a large man emerged.
———
Inside the compound, moments before...
Scott reached where the Hulk was protecting Rocket and Rhodey from the falling debris.
"I'm here! I got you!" he cried as the flood filled the hole they were stuck in.
He touched his belt, and instantly began to grow.
With an extremely large hand, he grabbed hold of his friends to save them from the mess.
His head crashed out the building, and he put the others down on the ground. They quickly jumped into action.
As the avengers lined up and prepared for battle, Steve faced Thanos.
"Avengers..." he cried. He wielded Mjölnir. "... assemble."
Thor screamed, and the armies followed with their battle cries.
Spider-Man met Tony in the centre of the battle field.
"Hey! Holy cow" Peter remarked. "You will not believe what's been going on. Do you remember when we were in space? And I got all dusty? I must've passed out, Because I woke up, and you were gone. But Doctor Strange was there, right? He was like, 'It's been five years. Come on, they need us.' And then he started doing the yellow sparkly thing that he does all the time–"
Tony cut him off as he hugged him.
"What are you doing?" Peter was surprised, but hugged Tony back. "Oh. This is nice."
They parted and Tony smiled at him.
Peter was smiling back, until his eyes widened and he looked around the battle field.
Before Tony could ask what happened, the ground began to shake.
A large crashing sound came from not far away. 
Tony smiled to himself, then turned quickly to Peter.
"There's something I need to tell you..."