21. Wilford

The world seemed to load in and I frowned. I wasn't in the house no more. I wasn't with dark. Isn't that obvious though? Don't be a baby. Show that freaky glitch whose boss! I groaned as the voices started up again.

"Anti, please... I just got better."

"W̴i̷l̸l̶.̴.̷.̶" My eyes went wide as I slowly turned to see him backing away. He was twitching so badly as the glitches ripped through him. His clothes were completely saturated with blood so thick I could even smell it. I could smell a haunting scent lingering in the air. A smell that hasn't left me since the war. I smelt death. "W̸-̵W̴i̵l̶l̷.̷.̸.̵" His body caved in a little as he gripped his head tightly. Tears fell to the blood-soaked floor as he clenched his fist around his knife so tight practically digging the hilt of it into his skull. "I̵ ̵n̷-̵n̶e̸e̶d̸ ̷h̴e̶l̵p̸.̴"

"I see that Ol'friend." I slowly walked around him seeing him tense up as I did. His hand twitched as I passed him and I smiled. He didn't lash out. He clearly wanted to. I could hear the voices telling me all the ways that Anti could kill me. Telling me all the signs that say he wants to... and all the ways I could get him first but I just smiled. I walked past him and narrowed my eyes as I surveyed the scene he had brought me to. Two bodies... Well, I wouldn't say bodies quite yet. "Are they dead?" He looked back at me and I just smiled brightly. Corpses never bothered me none. Most of the time death is inconsequential. Why worry about death when reality is as warped as imagination? The living die and the dead live... Anti just stared at the mess of blood and bodies and I frowned. "You really do need help... and a lot of it. I say, what made you stop?"

"W̶h̷a̴t̵?̵" He choked out as he finally tore his eyes from the horrific scene that was displayed in front of him. "S̴t̸o̴p̴p̷e̵d̸.̴.̶.̶"

"Well, surely you must have. You did kidnap me for some sort of assistance." His eyes went wide as he backed up slightly.

"I̷ ̵d̸i̵d̷n̵'̵t̸.̷.̶.̷ ̴I̵ ̵w̴o̴u̷l̵d̵n̶'̸t̵.̷.̸.̵ ̶O̶k̴,̶ ̶I̸ ̷w̴o̵u̶l̶d̸ ̶b̶u̵t̵.̷.̸.̶ ̵K̶i̷d̴n̷a̷p̵?̴" I just laughed walking further into the mess and kneeling down beside one of the bodies.

"Let's not focus on that right now, Eh Chap?" Anti frowned as I poked the body and he flinched. This one was a woman. Maybe... I never know really. Bodies are one thing but pronouns and gender are totally different. I narrowed my eyes as I pulled the collar down slightly to see Anti had slit her throat. Not enough to kill her but enough to cause a scar. I looked back at him to see him shaking and I frowned. I could feel a pulse. A thready one but still she was alive. She was lucky. I wonder if the other one was too-... There are toys on the floor. "Anti... Did they have children?"

"T̵-̷T̶w̶o̷ ̸s̶o̶n̴s̸.̵" I looked back at him in shock and he shook his head furiously. "I̵.̴.̴.̵ ̵I̴ ̵l̶o̷c̷k̷e̸d̷ ̸t̷h̴e̴m̵ ̸i̴n̶ ̵t̶h̵e̶ ̷r̵o̸o̶m̶.̶ ̴I̷ ̷c̴o̴u̷l̶d̸n̴'̴t̶.̷.̶.̶ ̷c̵-̸c̷o̴u̵l̶d̴n̶'̸t̶ ̴h̵u̴r̸t̶ ̵t̴h̷e̵m̶.̵" The shock dissipated a little as he fell to his knees in tears again. "I̴ ̶n̵e̶e̸d̸ ̷h̷e̴l̴p̶.̷ ̶T̷h̷-̷t̷h̸e̷y̶ ̶n̷e̸e̵d̵ ̴h̵e̴l̶p̴.̴.̷.̸ ̸I̷ ̷d̸o̴n̸'̷t̸.̴.̸.̴ ̴I̷ ̵d̷o̷n̶'̷t̵ ̵k̵n̶o̴w̶ ̴w̴h̵a̸t̶ ̵t̸o̵ ̵d̸o̶.̶"

"Well for starters these two need to go to a hospital."

"N̷O̸!̵" He jumped up pointing his knife at me and I sighed. I just pulled out my gun, cocked the hammer back, and waited. His eyes grew dark as I stayed neutral. "N̷o̸ ̵h̸o̷s̸p̴i̵t̸a̵l̵s̵.̷ ̸I̶ ̷c̵a̸n̶'̷t̸.̵.̸.̴ ̵I̸'̷d̶ ̴k̸i̶l̶l̸ ̷t̴h̴e̷ ̵n̷e̸x̷t̸ ̸d̴o̸c̷t̸o̴r̷ ̸I̴'̸d̴ ̷s̷e̷e̴.̷"

"Is this because of Caleb kissing Henrik?" His response was instant. I was up against a wall with the knife to my throat as my gun was held just below his chin. He didn't even flinch as the cold metal found its way to his windpipe. He was to busy contemplating whether or not to tear my throat out. "I can assure you Henrik was not a willing participant."

"S̴ ̸S̴ ̶H̸S̶ ̶E̷!̵" His glitch was getting worse but his eyes flashed. They flashed every time Henrik was mentioned, and I sighed. "I̵ ̵d̴o̴n̴'̴t̶ ̵w̴a̷n̵t̷ ̷t̶o̴ ̶s̴e̶e̶ ̷h̸i̷m̷.̵ ̸I̸ ̵d̴o̴n̵'̸t̵ ̸w̸a̴n̴t̶ ̸t̸o̸ ̷h̸e̸a̴r̸ ̸h̶i̴s̴ ̸n̶a̸m̵e̶.̴ ̷I̸ ̸d̴o̸n̸'̷t̷ ̴w̵a̶n̷t̵ ̴a̴n̵y̵t̵h̶i̷n̶g̸ ̸t̴o̵ ̵d̸o̴ ̸w̵i̷t̴h̴ ̷t̷h̸a̵t̶ ̴p̶a̶t̸h̶e̸t̶i̸c̸ ̶d̷o̸c̴t̵o̵r̶.̴" He needs to calm down. He needs help. I can't give him the help he needs. I'm in the same boat. These people need a doctor and those kids need to be let out preferably without any memory of what... wait. Memory loss. "I̸ ̶d̷o̶n̸'̴t̵ ̶c̴a̸r̴e̵ ̴w̴h̷a̴t̸ ̸a̶n̶y̴o̴n̵e̷ ̷h̷a̶s̷ ̸t̶o̷ ̶s̵a̷y̴.̷ ̴I̶f̵ ̸I̶ ̵s̶e̴e̷ ̵e̴i̶t̷h̷e̴r̶ ̸o̵f̴ ̷t̷h̷o̸s̴e̶ ̵d̵o̵c̵t̴o̴r̸s̷ ̶a̴g̷a̷i̷n̸,̶ ̶I̴ ̵w̵i̶l̴l̸ ̵s̴e̸n̸d̶ ̴m̵y̶ ̶k̶n̴i̶f̴e̷ ̶s̴o̸ ̷f̷a̸r̵ ̴u̴p̵ ̴t̵h̴e̸i̷r̸ ̵a̴s̴s̴e̷s̶.̸.̸.̷"

"Shh..." I placed my finger to his lips cutting his off. His eyes started to glow pink as I smiled brightly letting the energy that surrounded us fill everything.

"W̵-̴W̷i̴l̵l̶.̷.̸.̵ ̷ ̸W̸h̸a̵t̷.̵.̶.̸" I pulled him into a hug as he started to go limp and I just smiled. This will help. This has to help. It helps me. Right? "W-Will..."

"Hush now, Antisepticeye. All is well. I'm doing what I can to ease your heartache." He narrowed his eyes as he weakly held my arm. I slid to the floor holding him gently into my arms as he just stared up with blank eyes and a tearful expression. "I'm doing what I can to help."

"Who..." I frowned holding him tighter and took a deep breath.

"My name is Will..." He looked so confused and I offered him a sad smile. "I'm a friend."

"A friend?" I nodded and he looked up at the ceiling. "I don't... I don't have friends."

"You have several!" I laughed slightly as the pink in his eyes got brighter. "There's Chase and JJ. Jack too..."

"I don't... Who?" His eyes started to drop and I just held him close waiting... waiting for sleep to pull him under. "I can't... remember..."

"It's alright, Antisepticeye. You're going to be alright." I could feel his body go limp and I sighed letting his now sleeping form slip to the floor. I can only hope that helped enough... and that he'll stay asleep until I can get him home. Right now...

I must take care of his mess.