About the Oreo brothers trope

All : Who remember what that thing was ?

Oreo : Why is my name in it ?

Chrome : Oh ! Isn't that the name of the Trope where Reaper, Cross and myself are imagined as siblings by the Creators ?

Protectors : Ah yeah, this is the one !

Kathleen : Really ?

Jill : Well, it was a long time ago.

Reaper : So, what about it ?

Kathleen : Not much. Unlike the Balance, I really like that trope... Until I DON'T.

She has a frustrated scream.

Ink : I know that scream all too well.

The Protectors nod.

Chrome : The pleasing scream of a Creator strugling to come up with a good plot for a story, among other type of similar frustration.

They nod again.

Jill : To make it simple, the only problem of Kath, is trying to find a way for the trope to make sense in the story, in the case it come to play. You don't need mental exercise to make something canon fit in a story, but something which isn't canon... Well, if you are like Kath, you will want to know what happened to cause the characters to have that type of bond, even if you never put it in the story.

Kathleen : Which mean getting stuck on the world building part before even finishing the plot of said story and screaming in rage while figuring how to do it. So, I plan to write down in here what are my favored solutions in my case. Cross is the most stable, so we will start with him, then Reaper. Also, I stand by my thinking that the one linking Reaper and Cross in that trope is Ink, and that while the two don't see each other as siblings, they very much do so to Ink.

She looks at everyone and see they already have their pop-corn ready.

Kathleen : Why you always eat pop-corn while I do it, I have no idea, but whatever... Let's start.

She sighs.

Kathleen : So, I suggested beginning by Cross because this isn't hard to just slightly change the canon to fit it. We all know Ink is working alongside X-Gaster, still have no precision as to why, but here is what could be made. In that situation, Ink was more involved with what happened in X-Tale, maybe even living in the AU, and being seen as a normal denizen by everyone else there. You could think he was a second assistant like Alphys. But, maybe one that Gaster was more careful of. What do I mean by that ? Well, simple. You could get Ink being away everytime something go wrong in X-Tale. And I don't mean that everytime the Overwrite button is pressed Ink isn't there, but more some events.

Jill : Here are a small list of said events in chronological order : The death of Sans and Asgore and the Second Timeline.

Kathleen : Because whatever threat Gaster would have come up with would have never been able to do that while Ink was there. Consequently, he surely wasn't there during the thrid timeline, since we were said it only lasted a few days, meaning he surely came back during the fourth timeline.

Jill : And he was then surely away during Frisk forced genocide. Once again, because Ink could easily stop Frisk. Though this also depend on how much of a jerk you want Ink to be, but supposing you actually want him to be "redeemable" we can assume he wouldn't have approved and so, wasn't there, because Gaster knew Ink would opposed. Especially since the guy had said to Ink originally that he wanted to make a world where the two brothers would be happy. If you supposed it was the original wish of the Creator, Jakei, you could think of X-Gaster as a proxi and Ink would value that original wish more than whatever Gaster is trying to do.