➛⠀𝟬𝟰 | 𝗦𝗘𝗖𝗥𝗘𝗧 𝗠𝗘𝗘𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚

"How long has this been under my house?" Alex asked as you and his friends followed him down the stairwell.

"Longer than your house has been over it." Karolina figured as she looked around the walls.

Molly caressed her shoulders to heat herself up. "I'm cold." She shivered and glanced at your hoodie. "Lucky."

You gave her a small smile before quietly examining the place. Gert sighed. "Houses in LA, they don't even have basements."

"I'm not sure 'basement' is the right way to describe whatever the hell this is." Alex came to a halt when he entered the gallery from the top and saw his and his friends' parents dressed in crimson robes. You and the others stood by his side, watching what was happening.

"What is happening?" Alex asked in confusion.

"Shh!" Karolina shushed loudly.

Gert went closer to the railings while the adults were oblivious to the noises Alex and his friends were creating. "I don't think they can hear us."

Alex noticed something odd and stretched his hand out only to feel an invisible force field. "There's, like a... a barrier."

Chase furrowed his eyebrows. "What kind of charity meeting is this?"

"Maybe the cult kind of meeting." You replied, earning some looks from Alex and his friends. Karolina gasped when she spotted a familiar face with her mother. "Wait, guys, that's my mom!"

"Who is she with?" Molly asked.

"I know that girl!"

When the girl was forced to drink from the golden chalice, the seven of you kept a close eye on her. Until the grownups rushed around her and undressed her, the girl was weakened. Molly flinched as you hastily covered her eyes.

"Okay, the creep factor just went up to, like, eleven," Gert commented. She glanced at her adoptive sister and gently shoved her out of the way. "Molly, you can't unsee this."

"Gert!" Molly complained. When the strange box in the center opened up, and your parents placed the girl on it, you shielded your eyes. Gert and Nico covered their mouths, choking out a sob as your mouth fell open in horror. You shook your head and looked at Alex, who was equally terrified. "Did they just... sacrificed the girl?" You asked in fear, voice slightly shaking.

"What just happened?!" Nico questioned loudly.

Molly pulled out her phone when she didn't see anything that happened a few seconds ago. "Gert, I wanna see, too!" She stretched out her arm and opened the camera app causing Alex to turn around and stop Molly. "Wait, don't!"

But Alex was unsuccessful as Molly attempted to take a picture of the scene with her phone, but the flash forced you and the others to flee. When the adults saw the flash, they turned their heads in huge shock. "What the hell was that?"

You, Alex, and the others rushed to the stairs and found the door closed. "Shit!" Alex exclaimed. "Which one of you guys closed the door behind us?"

"Are we trapped down here?" Karolina asked worriedly.

Alex tried pushing the door with all of his strength. "God, it won't budge!" He yelled. "It must be locked."

Your eyes widened in horror as you shook your head, taking a few steps back. "No, no, no..." You clutched your hands on each side of your head, whimpering. Molly and Karolina went to your side. "Are you okay?" Karolina rubbed your back in comfort.

"Don't take this the wrong way, Wilder, but a little upper body strength might help." Chase brags a little before attempting to unlock the locked door while Nico and Gert open their phones to give out some light. When Alex turned to face you, he noticed that you were beginning to hyperventilate. "What's going on?"