➛⠀𝟮𝟰 | 𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗗𝗦

'See? What did I tell you?'

You stopped walking when you heard the familiar voice in your head. "You're back?" You whispered, breathing heavily through your nose.

'I would never leave you, boo. I told you that you and I are friends.'

You looked for the girls' bathroom and quickly went inside, locking the doors and ensuring no one was inside. You looked at yourself in the mirror, glaring at your reflection. "I was doing fine when you were quiet. Now get the hell out of my head and leave me alone." You growled.

'I can tell.' The voice scoffed. 'But even when I wasn't around, you know the words I told you were true. Even Alex won't trust you anymore.'

"Shut up." You hissed. "You're poisoning my mind. All this time, I thought it was myself that was making me miserable, but it was you. Whoever you are, I'm going to kill you."

'Kill me? Hah! Don't make me laugh.' The voice cackled nonetheless. 'You don't even know me. You don't know what I look like. Nice try with the intimidation, but... you need more practice.'

You let out a low laugh before removing your bag and looking for an object. "You said you wanted my powers before or Tina's magical staff."

'And I still do.'

You took your pen out of your pocket and yanked the cover off with your teeth. You threw the lid out the window and raised your arm, ready to stab yourself in the arm. "You're not plaguing my mind anymore. I'm done listening to you."

A force shoved you into the wall just as you were ready to jab the pen into your skin, stopping you from injuring yourself. You groaned in pain and dropped to your knees on the floor. 'You're not doing that, sweetie. You're too valuable, especially when that wretched red witch gave all of her magic to you.'

"Who?" You wheezed out before standing up, clutching your arm to your stomach. "I have no magic, and there's no such thing as witches."

'Poor you.' You heard the voice mocked. 'You don't even know she was a witch. The witch who was destined to destroy the world. But she was surprisingly weak and couldn't bear her prophecy.'

"What are you talking about?"

'And I'm sure as hell that you're not strong enough to contain such power.'

You sighed and walked out of the bathroom, clutching your back. You slammed the door behind you, startling a few students nearby. You brushed up against Eiffel's shoulder, causing her to scoff in annoyance. You rounded a corner and collided with someone again, but you didn't fall this time. "Every fucking time." You hissed quietly.

"(Y/n)..." You looked at Alex, who has a surprised expression. "Look, I'm sorry, I—oh, my God. Are you okay?"

When you saw Alex putting out his hand to your disheveled hair, you winced and stepped back. You hurriedly straightened your hair and avoided your stare from the boy. "You don't need to worry, Wilder. It's not an obligation."

"But I'm not—" Alex stopped his sentence when you walked past him. Alex groaned in annoyance from himself. "Alex, you're so stupid." He muttered angrily.

You got out of the school and saw Eiffel rehearsing her dance members with Molly just a few feet away from her, excitingly copying the dancers' moves. You know how much it means to Molly to be on the school's dance team because it was her passion. You've seen her dance a couple of times, and she was good.

"Those are not splits," Eiffel remarked in disgust to her fellow dance members. "What is that?"

The practice ended along with the song, and you observed Molly approach Eiffel. You leaned against the pillar, not knowing Karolina was standing next to you, also watching Molly.

"Hi, Eiffel. What's up?" Molly greeted Eiffel with a smile. Eiffel turned around, knitting her eyebrows close when she saw Molly. "Do I know you?"

"Molly." Your best friend introduced herself to Eiffel. "Molly Hernandez. I tried out for the team, but um... I kind of didn't finish my audition."

"Right," Eiffel recalled. "You were the one menstruating during her routine."

Molly stifled a laugh. "What can I say? I'm all about that blood life. I was wondering if there was a spot open. I'm really good, practicing a lot, and I just want to be a part of something, you know?"

After hearing Molly's words, you crossed your arms and grimaced. You and Molly, as you stated earlier, found similarities in each other. The fear of being alone, abandoned, or disregarded falls into this category.

"Yeah." Eiffel nodded. "You know, we have a spot for you."

"Really?" Molly's face lit up.

"Team manager." Eiffel forced a smile.

Molly gasped in joy. "Oh, my God. Thank you so much. Like, I'm gonna be working on routines, designing uniforms? I have a lot of thoughts on athleisure trends."

"Wow." You heard Karolina whisper, causing you to flinch in surprise. "Geez, woman." You sighed, pressing a hand on your chest.

Karolina sweetly smiled at you until she noticed how you looked. "Did you get into a fight? Are you okay?"

You nodded. "Yeah, I'm okay. Just slipped in the bathroom, that's all."

'Not entirely.'

"Yeah, it's actually more like washing towels and filling up water bottles." You heard Eiffel correct to Molly, making you clench your fists. "But, um, you're cool with that, right?"

Molly's smile vanished. "I guess." She replied in a disappointed tone.

"Awesome." Eiffel tossed her towel to Molly. "Thanks, Mia."

"Molly."

"Whatever."

The other members tossed their towels to Molly as they walked away, causing you and Karolina to approach the brown-haired girl. You saw Molly crouched down to gather the fallen towels. "Molly..." You greeted, and Molly looked up to see you and Karolina. "You alright?" Karolina asked.

Molly sighed as she began folding the towels. "I guess I deserve it, right? Since I ruin everything?"

You furrowed your eyebrows as you and Karolina knelt down to help Molly. "You don't ruin everything, Molls." You stated.

Molly shrugged. "We were all friends. Everything was going great."

"That's what I love about you, Molly," Karolina spoke up. "Our parents are killers, the cops are crooked, and we almost got killed by some gang members. But you see it as 'everything is going great'."

"Maybe my true superpower is my positive attitude." Molly chuckled with a grin. You chuckled as well and folded a few towels. "You have a lot of it." You replied. "That's why I admire you for it, Molly. Your positive attitude gives me strength."

Molly nudged you gently, smiling widely. "So, does this mean the three of us are still friends?"

Karolina nodded. "Of course. We share the kind of secret that nobody else understands." Karolina looked at you and smiled. "You know, powers?"

You stifled a laugh. "Hmm... yeah."

"What's the fun of flying if you can't tell anyone?" Molly asked in a whisper.

"Or lifting a truck with your bare hands?" You joined in as well with a smirk.

"Or casting an illusion and making a man float in the air?" Karolina added with a wink towards you.

Molly giggled before exhaling, looking back at the school. "You know, I just wish everyone else felt the same."