➛⠀𝟯𝟭 | 𝗔𝗠𝗬'𝗦 𝗣𝗛𝗢𝗡𝗘

'Gonna doll up again for him?'

You rolled your eyes and wore your black tights. "I'm not. Shut up." You sat back down on your chair and looked down at your dark blue dress. "There are major problems to face right now. My memories aren't even complete unless someone has to say something that can trigger them back."

'Sokovia. HYDRA. Bombs. Blood.'

You glared at yourself in the mirror. "You really want me to suffer tonight?"

'I thought you want to remember everything? I'm saying everything that can trigger your memories back.'

"I'm guessing my pain is your pleasure."

'You have no idea.'

You heard a knock on your door, so you turned your head to face it. "Come in." You told the person who was outside your door. Your door opened, and you saw Nico with Amy's newly charged phone. "It's fully charged," Nico informed. "I told Alex to come here."

You nod. "Oh." You pucked your bottom lip out as you thought for a moment. "What time is he arriving?"

"Soon." Nico closed your door and approached you. She turned your head around to face the mirror while she slightly combed your hair. "Can I fix your hair a bit?"

You shrugged. "Sure."

Nico looked at your drawers, and you furrowed your eyebrows in wonder. She pulled out a silver leaf tiara and grinned widely. "This will suit your outfit right now."

You looked back at the drawer before looking at the tiara. "How did you know that was in there? I didn't know I had a tiara."

"That's because it's mine, and now, I'm giving it to you." Nico chuckled and carefully placed the silver tiara on top of your head. Nico placed her chin on top of your head. "Now we're matching." She glanced at her pointy headband that matched her gothic outfit.

You and Nico shared a laugh. Nico and Amy loved to dress each other up, borrowing clothes and shoes from one other. She wished she could do those things with her older sister again, and she hoped to do so with you. Nico has long wished for a younger sister, and while she initially refused to accept the fact that she has an adopted younger sister, she is now grateful to have you in her life.

When the door opened, you and Nico turned around. You saw Alex entering your room, wearing a black tuxedo for the dance tonight. His jaw dropped when he saw you and Nico. "You girls always dress nice for the occasion, huh?" Alex smiled.

Nico raised Amy's phone and walked towards him. "We need to talk." She said seriously.

Alex closed the door behind him, and he and Nico sat down on your bed while you listened to them. "He found out. Leave the house now." Nico read the last message Amy has received.

You stood up beside Nico and read the text message for confirmation.

Unknown:
He found out!
Leave the house NOW!!!

"So, at least two other people knew that Amy was in danger." Alex deduced, taking Amy's phone from Nico's hand. "Whoever warned her..."

"...and whoever killed her," Nico added, crossing her arms.

Alex sighed. "God, and all of this time, we blamed ourselves."

You stared at Amy's phone. "So... it was never suicide?" You asked. "Someone did this, then." Nico nodded, agreeing with you before sighing heavily as she thought about someone murdering her older sister. It's horrifying.

"The message says 'he', so at least we know it wasn't your mom," Alex stated. He looked at you and Nico. "...if that's what you two were thinking, not that I was." He quickly corrected himself.

Alex looked back at Amy's phone. "What about your dad?" He asked. Nico immediately shook her head, looking at Alex incredulously. "Kincaid? He knew Amy was hacking Wizard. If he's not the one who found out, maybe he sent the text."

Nico shook her head once again. "No, she has him in her contacts." She explained. "This is from an unknown number."

"Do you think that maybe Amy reached out to someone in PRIDE, like one of the parents?"

The three of you quickly stood straight when you heard your door open. Alex and Nico stood next to each other, hiding Amy's phone. "You guys are gonna be late!" Robert called out as he entered your room. "Your mother and I wanna take a couple of pictures before you go!" He delightfully suggested.

Alex slowly nods. "Yeah, pictures would be great."

'This isn't prom, right?' You asked yourself. 'Why do they need to take pictures?'

'It's for keepsake, dumbass.'

'Shut up.'

Alex looked at Nico. "You do look..." His eyes traveled away from Nico and stayed at you as you maintained your eye contact with Robert. "...really, really nice." He almost whispered the last words.

Robert let out a small "ooh," teasing Nico. You squeezed your lips together and looked down, oblivious to the fact that Alex was admiring you. Robert walked away from your room, smirking. You gave Nico a slight smirk as you nudged him. "Aw, Alex thinks you look nice."

Alex blinked in confusion. Confused about what was going on. 'I meant Nico... right?' Alex shook his head. "I think you two look great." Alex corrected.

Nico forced a smile. "Too bad I don't give a shit anymore." She replied. "This is just our cover, you know. Still looks like we're dating. To fool our parents."

Alex glanced up before sighing. "Nico, you know how sorry I am."

"And yet not nearly as sorry as I am." Nico held her hand out, waiting for Alex to return Amy's phone. Alex passed the phone to Nico. "This doesn't change anything." Nico reminded.

Nico left your room, leaving you with Alex. You scratched the back of your head, letting out a soft whine. 'Why'd she have to leave me with him?' You stared at Alex, who looked down at his shoes, fixing his glasses. "I'm guessing you guys are now broken up...?"

Alex stifled a chuckle, lifting his head to look at you. "I guess so? I couldn't even tell if we had confirmed we had a relationship. We never talked about it. I guess to her... it was all fake."

"But it wasn't fake to you, was it?"

"I thought of it more as complicated," Alex explained. "What do you think?"

You raised an eyebrow, questioning him. "What do I think? Why are you bringing me to your complicated relationship with Nico?"

Alex shrugged. "I want to hear your opinion. Should I continue pursuing her or...?"

'Say you don't.' The voice whispered.

"I've seen the way she looked at you before." You confessed. "I'm sure there's a part of your relationship that felt real to her. She cherished some moments with you. Hell, I even saw her smile when you two shared a kiss outside of our house."

Alex's eyes widened. "You saw that?"

"Were you two actually trying to hide it?"

The young man thought for a moment before shrugging. "I guess not." Alex looked back at you and tucked his hands inside his pockets. "So, do you hate me as your sister does?"

You glanced at your door before shrugging. "I'm not going to lie... not telling her about what you know about Amy's last moments is a shitty thing to do." You admitted. "I would be mad, but... I guess I'm upset? Upset because you hurt Nico."

Alex nods in understanding. "I understand. I'll do everything I can to make it up to her."

You smiled. "Yeah, that's good." You towards your door, giving a pat on Alex's shoulder. You stopped and looked at Alex. "You want my opinion, yeah?"

Alex turned his body to face you properly. You sighed. "I think you should..." You took a deep breath. "...think about everything first. I mean, having a girlfriend shouldn't be the first priority. But I doubt my words will stop you." You gave him one last smile before leaving your room, and Alex was stunned.