➛⠀𝟮𝟯 | 𝗜𝗡𝗦𝗘𝗡𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗩𝗜𝗧𝗬

You and Alex went on a search around the school for your friends. You clutched your clear book, which contained your physics essay, as well as a bookbinder. Suddenly, you came dangerously close to tripping and dropping your items. "Do you want me to carry it?" Alex offered.

You shook your head. "I can handle it." You looked up at the banner and gasped. "There's an open house here tonight?" You asked in shock.

"Yeah," Alex replied. "Why?"

"Nothing, it's just... I didn't know it was tonight."

Nico snuck up behind you and startled you by grabbing your shoulders. You squeaked and dropped your things, causing you to pout. "Nico, stop that!" You scolded, placing your hand in your chest. Nico chuckled and gave you a side hug. "Sorry."

Alex picked up your things, and you were about to take them back until Alex shook his head. "No, no, I got it." He reassured. The three of you continued walking around the school, and you heard Alex sigh. "Stuck with our families for an entire evening, acting as if everything's fine."

"Not our parents," Nico stated as she glanced at you. "Our dad moves out today. He told me before you left." She informed you.

You looked down in sadness while Alex sighed. "Damn. Nico, (Y/n), I'm sorry."

Nico shook her head, sliding her arm around yours as she halted from walking. She was much more clingy than she ever was when it comes to you. "Doesn't make any difference if they all end up in jail anyway."

"Well, if there's anything that I can do..."

"One thing." Nico turned her head to Alex as he fixed his glasses. "How did you know how to get into our mom's office at Wizard?" Alex was about to speak, but Nico shook her head. "And, please, just don't tell me some bullshit that her password was 'Password'."

You looked up at Alex, who was staring down at Nico, trying not to make eye contact with him. He was hesitant to respond, and he was relieved to see Karolina and Chase join the three of you. "Any chance our parents can get arrested before they talk to our teachers?"

"Yeah, I can't say that I've been a banner student lately," Alex responded.

"Who can even think about homework?" Nico snickered.

Alex lifted your essays up, telling everyone about what you have been doing. You shrugged. "I have priorities, okay? I hate doing homework, but I don't want a failing grade either."

"Guess we'll have a hell of a personal essay for our college applications," Chase stated. "Do you guys even have a plan on going to college?"

You pushed your bottom lip out as you think, tilting your head to the side. "I was thinking of MIT. It's on Boston; that's far enough from our parents."

"Isn't this adorbs!" You and the others turned to Gert and Molly, who walked towards you and the others. "You guys planning a big double date?" Gert questioned. "What do the kids do for fun these days? Is it a... escape room? Karaoke? A knitting circle?"

You shook your head after Gert's mention of planning dates, and you instantly stood next to Molly, who was holding her project.

"No one is planning a date." Nico shook her head, earning a glance from Alex.

"Escape room does sound sick, though," Chase commented.

"We should all try that sometime." You suggested, slightly nudging to Molly, who was a bit distracted.

"If it means escaping from here," Karolina replied as she crossed her arms.

"Woah, zinger!" Gert exclaimed. "Karolina, you should sign up for the school improv troupe." She told sarcastically.