Chapter 8:~Impossible~

Emersion entered Charline's chambers through her balcony. They had now been together secretly for a year now and he never wanted to leave her. He looked towards Charline who stood a bit from him, turned away from him. He could hear that she was sobbing. He slowly walked towards her. "Charline?," he asked in concern. Charline looked up at him, tears streaming down her cheeks. Emersion looked at her worriedly and went over her. "Charline, my love, what's wrong?," he asked gently. He stretched out his hand to grab hers when she strangely pulled away. Emersion swallowed and looked at her in confusion. "Charline, what's wrong?," he asked. He gently placed his hand on the silver necklace with a sapphire stone he had given her that she wore around her neck. Charline looked up at him sadly. "Emersion, we cannot be together," she explained sadly, tears streaming down her cheeks, "My duty is to the Gods and Shivanna and it goes before you. I cannot be with you. You're a Dark One, I am a Star. It is and will forever be forbidden and impossible," she explained, "I'm sorry. I wished there was another way. I love you with all my heart. But this is the way it has to be," Emersion shook his head and softly stroked her cheek. "I don't believe that. I believe love is more important than duty to the Gods," he explained. Charline looked up at him sadly. "I only wish that were true," she sobbed, "Please. Don't make this harder then it already is. Please, go. We can never see each other again," Emersion looked at her and softly kissed her on the lips. "I will never forget you and I will never stop loving you," he vowed before disappearing down the balcony out into the night, closing the doors behind him.
Charline felt tears starting streaming down her cheeks and she leaned against the wall before she slowly sank to the floor, crying and started to sing.

I never thought this would end
When I met you, I knew you were the one for me
Now my heart is breaking and I feel like I'm falling
Please, why can someone tell me, why it has to be this way?
Because I cannot understand, why it has to be impossible
Can you tell me that what I hoped can be real
Is not impossible