Chapter 4

His husky voice broke my trance and everyone was now starting at him.

"Now do you believe me?"  I said letting go of her wrist "and don't even think about hurting him or his business. He has my protection." I stepped forward "and you won't be able to do anything, I'm not the same Zhan you knew before. I can destroy you within seconds" I whispered so only she could hear.

"H-how dare you threaten me?" She asked trying to be confident but her broken voice gave her away.

"Well I did and it's in your best interest to listen to me. Now if you don't mind I would like to get a drink" I said then walked past her with Yang following. That's when I saw them standing there with Xichen ge but one guy looked familiar. Never mind not important so I ordered a whiskey.

"Mr Xiao" the guy said and I raised one of my eyebrows in confusion, he saw this and understood "I'm Wen Nings cousin." Ohhhh now I know why he looks familiar, I helped him with his business. I own some of it how could I forget, that was the other reason why I came.

"Ah Mr Wen nice to see you again, how is the business going? Any new designs?"  I asked while sipping my whiskey.

"Yes, we're actually wearing it right now"

"We're?"

"Yes, me, my brother and his friends" he said and turned his head to the left and that's when I saw all the guys who used to beat me and bully me. If they tried anything now they would be finished before they could even lift a finger. Looking at them they looked so guilty but I don't care, what's done is done. But the one who took my attention away was of course Yibo, he now looked a bit skinny and his features were more noticeable there were also dark circles around his eyes, even though he was wearing make up you could tell he was tired. He wore one of Wen Chao black suits and it fitted him well, highlighting his figure, a very tempting figure. Ugh what's wrong with me, no Zhan you have moved on. I mentally slapped myself.

"Who's your brother out of them?" I asked pointing at them while all of them were still staring at me.

"Wen Xu"

"Mn" I said looking intensely at him and I could feel him cower under my gaze. Never gets old, a small smirk played my lips. "Oh by the way I'm going to be coming to your office and help you expand more. See if anyone wants to collaborate."

"Well one of my brothers friend is interested" I looked at him signalling to go on "it's Wang Yibo, I'm sure you heard of him"

"I have, we also have a bit of history so I don't think he will since he's above my level isn't it right Mr Wang" I said sarcastically with a malice under tone. He was going to speak but then I heard his brothers voice, oh how I've missed him, he was the only one there for me.

"Your the business owner who helped him?" I nodded. "How have you been a-zhan?"

"I've been good, how about you ge?" I asked with a soft voice and a small smile.

"I've been well and I missed you. Why didn't you ever call?"

"I've been busy" I said while taking another sip.

"Still you could have texted or called. Am I nothing to you?" He asked while pouting, I let out a small laugh.

"Your my oldest friend so of course, but I thought maybe you would feel uncomfortable" I said with an awkward smile hoping he would know what I meant

"Ahh. No I wouldn't but I did think you would be" he said while rubbing his nape

"How could I when I asked, let's just leave that. It was the past" I laughed "what have you been doing these days" We carried on our conversion while the rest looked at me dumbfounded.

Xichen POV

I could tell Yibo wanted to talk to Zhan but I could also tell Zhan won't listen and when he said that to my brother I saw him flinch with his sinister tone as if mocking him and before he could speak and make things worse I intervened. Sigh, why it my life like this? Guess I need to help they need a push. "Theres also someone else who missed you"

"Who?" He asked confusingly

"Yibo" I said with a soft smile. Zhan looked at me then at Yibo then he burst out laughing. A lot of people were staring at him.

"Wow, this is the most I've laughed in years thanks for the joke, I needed it. He wouldn't miss me even if I was dead" he said while wiping one of his tears. I looked at my brother his face may be stoic but I could always read him and he looked so hurt but what did he expect when he treated Zhan like shit for years.

Zhan POV

When I heard ge say that I couldn't control myself from laughing that even tears came out. Like he would ever miss me, he doesn't even like me. To him I'm scum I'm no one worth mentioning. Then I heard his voice after so long "I-I did why wouldn't I?" He said staring into my eyes and his eyes showed nothing but sincerity but I won't be fooled. I was angry how could he say that, what right does he have to miss me when I left because of him. But I have to admit it was one of the best decisions I ever made.

"Why would you? I'm no one right? You said so yourself and you also said I'm not on your level that I deserve nothing that I'm nothing but a..." Yang grabbed my arm and shook his head. I took a deep breath "I shall take my leave now. This party has left a dirty taste in my mouth" I said coldly while looking up and down on him. Then I turned to the other guy, "Come on darling let's leave."

———