Chapter 31

Next day... WY POV

XZ was out again, he stayed out the whole night, again. Where does he keep disappearing to? Is he... no he said he wouldn't dare, that he couldn't even think about it but the way he's acting all quite and suspicious doesn't help either. Suddenly I got a text from my brother, when I opened the text I couldn't believe my eyes. I dropped my phone in shock and sat down with teary eyes.

There was a picture and in that picture it showed XZ kissing another girl.

Impossible. I-it can't be! He said he would never cheat and he loves me! ...Right?

My phone beeped again and my brother wrote, 'did you really think he would change and stay with one person? He even cheated on his wife and that drove her to suicide but she found out she was pregnant so she ran away. He lied about her. I'm sorry brother.'

I couldn't believe my eyes I was shaking. I cried  for who knows how long until I felt warm muscular arms wrap around me. The arms I once felt safe in now feel disgusting. I pushed him away and punched him. He looked shock and was holding his face, "why did you punch me?" He asked.

"You bastard! I can't believe I trusted you! You cheated on me! You said you loved me!" I screamed while hitting him with tears running down my face. He looked even more shocked,

"W-what? I would never cheat on you! What are you on about?" He asked

"LIAR! You did! You even cheated on your wife! Your a liar! She wasn't dead! You kidnapped her! Your the one who tortured her! You monster!" I shouted. He opened his mouth then closed it again, he looked hurt.

"I would never cheat on anyone!" He said firmly. I got my phone and showed it to him along with the text.

He looked at it and his eyes widened in shock, disbelief and a hint of what looked like disappointment. So it's true. I couldn't take this anymore so I ran out. I didn't see where I was going and that's when I heard a horn sound. A car was coming at me, I didn't even know what happened but the next thing I knew was that I was on the floor on top of someone wrapped safely in their arms.

I looked up and it was XZ. He was in pain from the impact but still had his arms securely around me. He opened his eyes with a groan and all I saw was worry. He got up and checked me for injuries while I just sat there in shock. He picked me up bridal style and carried me back to our bedroom. He sat me down and sat next to me. He held my hands, faced me to look at me and started to speak in a calm manner,

"I would never ever cheat on you. And that image is from years ago when I was married to my wife. The angle is different so that's why you can't see her face and why you couldn't recognise her. And I never cheated on my wife. The text you got was fake. It's impossible that WH texted you anyway..." I interrupted him,

"What do you mean impossible?" I asked with worry and he took another deep breath.

"He's been kidnapped by MY." He said I gasped, "for a few days now. He wrote a letter before it happened and told me not to tell you. That's why I been staying out. To find him. I know I should've told you regardless but I wanted to keep you safe. I can't lose you. And neither can your brother." I was about to speak but he carried on, "I guess it's time I tell you fully about him." He took another deep breath and started to talk with a heavy voice, "you already know that my wife was in a car accident but that wasn't true. MY and his father planned it I don't know why but they did. They made it seem like she died but they kidnapped her. She was held captive for so many years until that day she called me telling me she escaped. He's also the one who killed your parents. I don't know why he did this stuff so I can't tell you but I will get answers even if it's the last thing I do. And I know your probably wondering why he's got your brother and it's because he fell in love with him so don't worry he won't hurt him but instead it's a trap for me. He knows I would do anything for you and since he also knows how much you love your brother since he's the only family you have left. He knows I would do anything to bring him back. That's also why WH didn't want me to tell you anything so you stay out of it. And I promised him I would. I'm sorry." He finally finished looking down. I was in shock.

I wanted to cry and scream at the same time but I couldn't. Why? It's because I understand. But it doesn't mean I'm hurt any less. I'm hurt that he lied to me and covered up the truth but at the same time I can't even blame him because I know if I was in his position I would to do the same thing. I spoke quietly, "you won't let me help will you?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"No. I'll do anything to keep you safe, I can't lose you, even if it means I have to give my life for you." When he said that I looked up and I saw no hint of a lie. He was sincere. I can't believe I doubted him. He loves me. So much. That he's willing to put his life in danger for me. I love him so much.

"I understand." I said looking away. He was shocked,

"Really?" He asked in a surprised tone

"Yes. I don't want anyone to be hurt because I was being stupid but you better come back alive to me." I said sternly and he nodded with a small smile.

"Can I have a kiss?" He asked and I smiled

"You don't need to ask." He kissed me slowly and gently and wrapped me in his arms. We didn't do anything, we just cuddled with each other, holding each other as close as humanly possible.

For who knows how long we have... if only I knew.

***