Chapter 16

Next day... Yibo POV

I decided to take today and tomorrow off since I needed to move my stuff, my room is the opposite to Zhan's.

When I first entered the room I could tell it was decorated solely for me. Instead of the dark colours that are normally used, my room is white and blue. It has a queen sized mattress and a balcony that overlooks the estate. It has a big walk in closet and the bathroom was right next to it. I started to unpack and put my clothes in the closet. After a while I started to get hungry and decided to go down to eat. Since it was lunch time I already knew something was prepared and I would be alone since Zhan has gone out and his son would be at school.

But when I went down I was surprised to see Zhan sitting at the head of the table and feeding Yaun, huh how come they are here. Zhan saw me and greeted me, "good afternoon, you hungry?" And I just nodded. He seemed to pick up on my confusion and said "Yaun's teacher isn't feeling well so they cancelled the class. Since I don't like him being around nannies too much I decided to stay home as well."

"I can take care of him!" I didn't even realise I said that till Zhan looked at me with wide eyes, he quickly recovered and smiled.

"It's alright. I don't need to go in today, there's nothing important to do" just then his phone rang. He excused himself and went to the other room to listen to the call. He came back with an annoyed look and turned to me "can you take care of him I guess I do need to go."

"Of course" I said with a smile when in reality I was crying inside, I don't know how to take care of a kid. Why did I offer?

Zhan walked to his son, kissed his forehead, hugged him and whispered something to him. He got up, made his way towards me and said "take care" then left. Oh how I wanted a hug and kiss too. A cough disrupted my thoughts and I turned to my side and saw Yaun staring at me.

"Hi, I'm Yibo" I said while trying my best to smile and hide my nervousness.

"Hi, I'm Yuan" he said and took his hand out. I was confused but then I remembered who's his dad and I shook his hand. "No need to be nervous, I'm not a bad kid you know" he said while eating the pieces of food Zhan cut for him.

"I'm not nervous" lie

"Dad said it's not good to lie"

"What do you want to do today?" I asked changing the subject

"Follow me" after he finished eating his meal he got up and led to me to the room next to mine, opposite his. Inside the room was filled with all sorts of toys and games. "Let's play some games!" We played for a while until he got up to have some water and turned to face me. "Do you love my dad?" I was shocked when he asked that and I couldn't say anything but just nod. He looked at me thoughtfully then said "my dad brought a person over before but they were never this nice to me so I approve"

"What do you mean?"

"Whenever dad was with me she would treat me nicely and give me things but when I was alone she would be mean to me and say dad will forget me when she has her own kid. One day my dad saw this and I never saw that person again. He also didn't bring anyone over again"

"Ohh." I said thoughtfully then remembered what he said, "what do you approve of?"

"You being with my dad. I can tell dad also likes you because he only brings people here he likes and he also trusts you to take care of me instead of calling my nanny"

I was shocked to hear that, how is he this aware of things at such a young age? "But what about that woman who was talking to your father yesterday? Aren't they together?" I asked because I saw that same woman again that I saw at the club when they left together