Chapter 18

Meng Yao came in with his obvious fake and creepy smile, if I didn't know him I wouldn't think too much of him, maybe that's how he would always get away with things since no one would think he would do anything that bad. He does try to gain people's sympathy and uses their emotions against them.

He saw me and I saw something flicker in his eyes, guess he recognises me. "Hello, who are you?"

"Jin Guanyao" he said with his ugly ever lasting smile

"I've never heard of you before?" I said again seeing if I could get a reaction

"I've been busy studying abroad when my father called me back"

"Don't lie you son of a whore. Why don't you just tell the truth that your mother died so you came begging on your knees for that idiot to take you" Mrs Jin said with disgust and I saw his facial expression change before it went back to normal. Interesting, on the topic of his background and mother he gets annoyed and angry. Maybe Mingue might know more about it.

"Why don't we start having dinner?" Jin Zixuan said changing the topic and I nodded.

"Sean sit here" Mr Jin pointed to the other chair next to him.

"I'm okay here" I said going to the seat in the middle of my sister and Yibo. They served the food and it looked nice but I don't trust them so I didn't eat much and drank from bottles that were already closed and opened in front of me. Call me paranoid but I've had past experiences when I was drugged unexpectedly so I take caution when I'm outside.

"Sean why don't you eat more? Is the food not to your liking?" Mrs Jin asked

"No it's nice but I don't eat much" I said and the conversation carried on like normal.

After the dinner I went out for a cigarette to get away from those greedy bastards.

"What are you doing out here? Shouldn't you be inside?" I asked knowing exactly who it was

"You should be too but your here instead, shouldn't I be asking why?"

"You can already tell why I'm here. It's pretty obvious" I said with a bit of a bored tone

"Do you really not know who I am?" Jin Guanyao asked curiously

"Should I?" I asked turning to him

"No," he said with a hint of relief.

"But now that you mention it, you do look familiar. Were you perhaps a friend to my ex wife?" I asked directly looking into his eyes and I saw him stiffen and lose his smile before he quickly recovered

"Erm no I'm not. But I would love to be" he said with a smile

"Unfortunately she's dead" I said and saw relief and something like happiness in his eyes, interesting.

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't know" he said without any feeling

"It's okay. Not like you killed her" he stiffened again and before he could say anything his father called him. He knows something. I thought while looking at him talking to his father. It didn't look like a good conversation as he still had that same smile on face but his eyes showed hatred, anger and something like revenge. He's good at hiding emotions I'll give him that but if you look closely you can see. As the saying goes 'eyes are the gateway to one's soul.'

"Hey what are you doing out here? I was bored in there." Yibo said almost whining breaking his cold facade

"Sorry but I just needed a break" I said throwing my cigarette away

"What happened?" He asked

"What do you mean?"

"You look like your in deep thought thinking about something" he said and I was a bit surprised on how he noticed so I smiled

"Nothing don't worry about it" I said while walking closer to him and giving him a kiss on his forehead. He blushed so I decided to tease him, "I was just thinking about last night and how we can repeat it tonight" I winked and saw him go more red and he just mumbled

"Shameless" and walked away.

Few days later...

I was in my office when my phone rang, "Zhannie" I heard that same melodic voice that I would always hear in my dreams, the one I always longed to hear. "I need you." the same voice said again but this time pleading and breathless. I swear my breath hitched and before I could even process whats going on I ran out of the office going to the location I've been sent ignoring everyone and everything.

****