4.0.7

I reach the company and quickly meet Ms

I reach the company and quickly meet Ms.Kim in the meeting room. She briefs me on what FNC's expectations and the song type.

"Ms.Sung says they're planning on something... traditional but also fresh," Ms.Kim and I look at her confused.

"So something like the Hwarang concept I made for Road to Kingdom?" I ask.

"I would... assume so..." Ms.Kim says. "

"I think, I have an idea. A different one," I say and she nods.

"Besides that, they plan to record on the 18th of April. It's less than a month away," the lady continues to share.

"The date is fine. I'll just to finish it before Kingdom starts," I say, planning out my calendar in my head.

"Then maybe that day, Sungmin can take over recording. I think he's well equipped to do so," Ms.Kim compliments.

Sungmin has been great help actually. He's a really good apprentice. After a week or so at Cre.ker, he's able to quickly grasp things like setting up the mics, and the studio - keeping afterwards was also really organised, even Eric complimented him. The other members of The Boyz get along well with him too, treating him like a younger brother; asking him about school and girls and school. Sometimes, Chanhee would help him with math homework.

Sungmin rarely comes now, since there hasn't been any projects for us to work on, after recording for Breaking Dawn. He's been in school, studying hard and preparing for his final year.

(Good lord I miss school.)

"Yeah, Sungmin's definitely experienced enough to do that," I agree with Ms.Kim. "Even if I leave Cre.ker, at least I know the studio will be good hands," I managed to slip and there was a look that Ms.Kim gave me - a mix of sadness and pride.

"Are you still considering Mr.Sung's proposal to join FNC?" she asks, voice softer now.

"I'm... still not sure," I say, sratching at the back of my ears. "His offer is great and all, but I still find Cre.ker my home. My safe haven," I say.

"Then, I think, it would be a great time for me to share with you that I heard, that Cre.ker is going to merge with PlayM," Ms.Kim says, even softer, as she shared the gossip.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"The obvious reasons are of course to generate more revenue, and to make the company stronger of course. But because of this merge, there will be a lot more staff. And with more staff..." Ms.Kim trails off, letting my finish it in my head.

"Alright, I get it," I state. "So, you're... encouraging me to go?" I ask for confirmation.

"If you put it explicitly, yeah. You know how FNC is one of those companies that are bigger than ours. Look- They even offered to pay for your apartment. They're treating you like some jem. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, Soh," Ms.Kim encourages, holding my hand in hers, and she sort of makes sense.