4.1.6

Ding

Ding.

The lift door opens to the studio floor and I see Sungmin gripping into his bag strap tightly. His nails could get imprinted in them from the looks of it.

"Why aren't you inside the studio?" I asked and it made Sungmin jump.

"Soh!" he cries out as he hops away from me. "There are people in the studio," he continues after he'd calmed down.

"There are always people in the studio," I say. "Did Changmin leave his 'friends' in the studio again!" I ask, referring to Annabelle and Chucky.

"Thankfully, no. But there are more people than expected," Sungmin says mixed feelings flowing through him.

"Come on," I invite as I walked in front of Sungmin.

We walk down the hallway towards the recording studio. I swipe my key card on the reader and open the door to see multiple cameramen and Ms.Kim. The lady stands off to the side as she watches the other men in black t-shirts do their work.

"Ms.Kim, why are there so many people?" I ask, pulling Sungmin into the studio before too much air conditioning runs out of the room.

"They're from Universe. They want to film a behind the scenes for Drink It but your voice won't be captured, so don't worry," Ms.Kim assures.

"Oh sure... we'll just hide our bags behind the door then," Sungmin says as he slowly places his school bag beside the doorframe, away from the stairs leading down to the studio.

I place mine beside his, squatting down to take out my laptop. Sungmin quickly goes off to set up the panel. When he's done, I bring over my laptop to connect it to the controls and that's when I get stopped. In front of me, blocking my path is a tattooed male with a definitely bigger built than Sungmin has - and he's connecting his laptop instead of mine.

"Sorry, but what are you doing? I usually record The Boyz on my laptop," I ask.

"Oh, my manager wants me to take the recording so that we can polish it up on our end," the male says, opening his laptop.

"Okay... but then what does my colleague and I do then?" I ask.

"Y'all can still be here to give the members direction. I have never met them before, and I definitely don't know how their voices are," he says. "Think of it as I'll be your hands, and you'll be the brain," he continues, giving me a small eye smile to pass off the issue.

The man goes back to connecting his laptop and Sungmin and I freeze there.

"I guess we're sitting with The Boyz then," I say to Sungmin and he grabs two stools from the corner of the room - one for me and one for him.

--

Knock. Knock.

"Come in!" Sungmin shouted as the door opened up.