4.3.8

We reach the house and I push open the front door as Sunwoo carefully carries Eunha out of the car, hand on the back of her head - just in case he misjudges

We reach the house and I push open the front door as Sunwoo carefully carries Eunha out of the car, hand on the back of her head - just in case he misjudges. Immediately coming through the door, he slips off his shoes - and Eun's too, tossing them on the side - before carrying her to her room. I slip off mine and arrange our shoes before following him. When I get to her room, he's trying to carefully put her down on her bed. I let out a small chuckle as I watch him. He turns around hearing it before continuing to put Eunha down.

"Hey, I can take over from here. You should go change," I whisper, tapping on Sunwoo's shoulder.

"You sure?" he asks.

"Yeah," I reply smiling and he slowly removes his hands from Eunha so that I can take over.

When Sunwoo's out of the room, I open Eunha's wardrobe and find a nightgown that's easy for her to change into.

"Eun, wake up for a bit. You've got to change out," I coo, slowly sitting her up.

Thankfully, she's a not so heavy sleeper because she sits up.

"Here," I say, helping to dress her into her nightgown, and just in time too, because Sunwoo's there knocking on the room door.

"Did she wake up?" he asked, walking to sit opposite me.

"She had to. She needed to change," I stated, tossing her dress into the laundry basket.

"Okay. It's late now, you should go back to sleep," Sunwoo coos as he runs his hand down the back of Eunha's head.

"Can I have- one song?" Eunha asks, words slurring from how sleepy she is.

Sunwoo shoots me a glance and I shoot him back a similar one.

"Tomorrow maybe. You're already sleepy, Eun," Sunwoo says.

"No, just- one," Eunha asks again holding out one finger.

From the corner of my eye, I see Sunwoo smile. He always had a soft spot for when Eunha would count with her fingers.

"Okay then. One," Sunwoo agrees, reaching over to his guitar.

After moving into the same house, with a kid, some of our old music instruments were put in Eunha's room just because she loved playing them - one of which was Sunwoo's guitar. It was just one day at work where Sunwoo was strumming his guitar when one year old Eunha crawled up to him and plucked a string. She smiled and laughed at it and continued to do it continuously. Then, when Sunwoo would play and sing, she would sit down quietly and watch her dad perform for her with a big smile on her face.

"Which song would you like your highness," Sunwoo jokes, setting the guitar down on his thigh, hands already starting to tune the guitar.

"Hmm Berry," Eunha answers and Sunwoo smiles even more.

Berry was the first song Eunha heard from Sunwoo. What makes it even more meaningful is that Eunha's first word was Berry. It was just one fine day where Sunwoo was singing Berry for Eunha when suddenly at the chorus, Eunha joined in for the first word and it was 'Berry'.

"I'll play the lullaby version of Berry then," he says as he starts strumming his guitar.

By the time Sunwoo's done singing, Eunha's already fast asleep. Sunwoo carefully and quietly keeps his guitar aside and stands up from the bed. I give my daughter a kiss on the forehead before standing up too. Sunwoo walks over to deliver his kiss too before we make our way out of her room and close the door quietly.

"Go change, I'll close up the house," Sunwoo says and I give him one last look before heading to our room.

I hop into our bathroom, coming back out for Sunwoo's hoodie that's draped over his chair, then started to wash up and do my night routine. Sunwoo must've already done his because the scent of his aftershave lingers through the air.

When I'm done, I hang up my towel on the towel rack, one level below Sunwoo's. I take Sunwoo's hoodie's that been sitting on the sink and unlock the door. Pushing my arms through the arms of the jacket, I open the door and pull his hoodie over my head. I close the door behind me and walk up to my bed where Sunwoo has so conveniently laid down on, arm underneath his head as he awaited my arrival. He has a cocky smile on his face as he sees me wearing his hoodie.

"You're not asleep yet?" I ask.

"Nope. Waiting for you," Sunwoo returns. "Come here, Wifey," he invites, an arm opening the blanket for me to slide under - and so I do, after laughing of course.

I snuggle closer to him, nose practically nuzzling into his chest. He has one arm underneath my neck, and his other fixing the blanket to keep me warm, before joining my hands that are in between us, cupping each other.

"Are you going to wear your ring to sleep?" Sunwoo asks, noticing the familiar jewel.

"I can take it out," I say.

"No! Keep it on! I'm glad you like it. I'm glad my Wifey, likes it," he says and I shake my head at the new nickname.

"Wifey? Woo, we're engaged. Not married," I point out and the boy lets out a 'pfft'.

"Please, we're still gonna end up married, so you better be ready for a new nickname hm? my Wifey," Sunwoo says and I bury my face in his chest.

And when I do, that's when the curtain bangs, that I've kept all these years, falls to cover my eyes. Sunwoo strokes it away with a delicate finger. He tucks in behind my ear and I can feel him gaze down at me.

"Yeppeuda~" he coos and I smile, trying to bury my head into his chest even more. "I love you so much, Sohee," he says.

"I love you even more, Sunwoo," I reply, taking in the whiff of lavender on his clothes and it's calming.

I love nights like these, where we can be trapped in each other's embrace without a care for work or anything else in the world.

"Thank you Soh, for everything," Sunwoo thanks, landing a peck on my forehead. "Good night Love," he replies and I'm smiling to myself like an idiot - and idiot showered by love, yes.

"Good night Woo," I reply, and I feel him hug me tighter; bringing me closer till I can hear his heart.

It beats in unison with mine and I look up to see a dozed off Sunwoo. With the littlest movement I can muster, I place a peck on his lips before going to sleep. When I do, I feel his hands grip me slightly tighter, as though I would go anywhere.

Good night Love.

Two working teens in high school, driven with motivation and passion in what they do, starts to push and pull at each other in life's favourite game called love

Two working teens in high school, driven with motivation and passion in what they do, starts to push and pull at each other in life's favourite game called love. They went through many ups together, many accomplishments, many moments. They also went through many downs together, many fights, many disagreements. But, just like how the show goes on, so does life. And now, after ten years of friendship, love, happiness, and a spicy hint of banter, these two teens from high school, have grown up to be adults - parents, even. Sure, their story ends here but remember, the game continues after checkmate.