4.1.8

Knock

Knock. Knock.

"Come in!" I answered, head still looking forward at my screens.

The door opened and closed with a click. I turned my head to see... Changmin. That's new.

"What brings you to the studio?" I asked, turning to face him fully.

He fiddled with his hands, clearly nervous about something.

"I was thinking..." he starts. "Can I help you write one of the songs for our upcoming album?" Changmin continues to ask.

My eyes go wide. "Yeah! Of course, you can!" I said. "Hold on yeah," I continue, turning back to my laptop to check the demos. "Since Thrilling is going to have six songs... and Sunwoo and Eric are helping out with Merry Bad Ending and Bet On You... you can choose between Nightmares and Out of Control," I say, hovering over the two projects.

"Can I hear the songs?" Changmin asks and I nod.

I let him handle the mouse so that he can use it to familiarise with the project better. He double clicks on Nightmares and the project opens. He plays it but is quick to turn it back off.

"Nightmares is a little difficult because of its structure," I say and Changmin agrees.

He hovers over Out of Control and plays it too. This time he careful takes note of the song.

"I think I'll do Out of Control," Q decides and I nod.

"Sungmin started writing some notes down for the lyrics. You can work with him," I say. "You have his contact right?" I ask and Changmin sends back a nod. "I'll also send you the track so that you can listen to it," I end off.

I open my google drive and start transferring the file.

"This is gonna take a while..." I say, corner of my lip tucking into my cheek.

"It's alright," Changmin replies.

It was silent ever since then, as we waited for the file to transfer.

"So... I overheard Hyunjae-hyung telling Jacob that you're changing company-" Changmin starts but gets cut off.

"Hyunjae," I stated questioningly. "Told Jacob?"

"I think Sangyeon was in the room too, I'm not sure but yeah. Why?" Changmin asked.

That boy.

"Remind me to hit him the next time I have a solo recording with him. No. Remind me to punch him," I correct myself.

"Why? Was it not supposed to be shared?" Changmin asked.

"No, not exactly..." I say. "WAIT. Did you tell Sunwoo?" I asked.

"No," Changmin shakes his head.

"Okay, good. Don't tell him," I instruct, turning back to check the progress of the transferral.

"Is it supposed to be a surprise for him or something?" the boy continued to ask.

"If you mean that surprises are meant to be heart crushing and sad, then yes," I reply sarcastically.

"You think that Sunwoo might get sad that you're leaving?" Changmin asks for confirmation.

"I don't need to think. I know for a fact he's going to get sad and angry," I state.

"Okay fair... but, when are you planning on telling him," he asks again.

"Sometime," I say hurriedly trying to shut down the topic.

"Does that 'sometime'... happen to be never?" Q asks, dragging the closure.

I let out a huff.

"Maybe?! I don't know!" I yell out of frustration and I notice Changmin jumping from shock. "I'm- I'm sorry," I apologise. "I didn't mean to raise my voice at you like that." My hand brushes through my hair pulling at the strands, trying to ground myself to calm down.

"Sohee," the boy calls out, holding onto my wrist to stopping from pulling out my hair. "I recommend... that you talk to Sunwoo earlier. He'll probably be really mad about it... but give it a month or so, then he'll let it go," he advises.

"Hyunjae said the same thing," I mumble loud enough for Q to hear.

"That's because we know him. Me, Hyunjae, Jacob, every single one of us, knows how Sunwoo reacts to certain situations like this one," Q states. "It takes time," Q says and I keep silent.

My computer rings for the finished transfer and I pass the elder back his phone.

"Just. Think about it," Q ends off before leaving.

'Like I don't know Sunwoo too.'