4.1.9

Kim Sunwoomorning~~are you at the company today??

Kim Sunwoo
morning~~
are you at the company
today??

Sohee
mornin' ~~
today... no
i have some stuff to do

Kim Sunwoo
what stuff?

message: school stuff
send?

I hit the send button before pocketing my phone. The bus arrives with a loud airy halt as I hop on to head to FNC.

Park Sohee
Hi, Mr. Sung, I am on the way
to FNC Entertainment now

Sung Jaehwa
Perfect timing Sohee!
P1Harmony just finished
their group practice. They'll be down
in about half an hour or so.
I'll meet you at the lobby ☺️

Park Sohee
Alright, noted!

I quickly exit my Kakaotalk before any other messages can get through. I look at my watch - 12:05 it read. Sunwoo would be having dance practice with Haknyeon by now. I look up at the bus stops projected largely on the top of the inside of the vehicle.

'Just another ten more...' I counted.

I tap my phone on and swipe up instinctively. I tug at my notifications tab and still see nothing; not from Mr.Sung, and neither from Sunwoo. In a way, going to produce for P1Harmony is like cheating on him. I'm not sure show people can do it so naturally, but some part of me hurts thinking about it.

I shut off my phone, flipping it closed as I hold it in my hand. I try to cover as much of it as I can. I need to stop thinking about it, about him. It's not that big of a deal anyways, right? But why does it feel the opposite. I slouch in my seat and look up towards the air conditioning above my head, letting the cool air fan my face.

'Let's just forget about TBZ for today,' I thought, trying to find a way to push my guilt away.

The next time I open my eyes, I'm about five stops away from FNC. I look out the window and watch the pedestrians on the sidewalk. There were then usual kids coming back from their childcare centres with their mother's holding their hand, some even carried. Then, as the bus slows to a halt at the next stop, I notice a teenage boy, probably a fresh grad from high school, with a knee down as he jokingly passes a bouquet of flowers to - what i can only assume to be - his girlfriend. I couldn't help the smile that crept onto my face as I watched the scene unfold. As quickly as it came, it disappeared equally as fast too.

'Tell him earlier.'

'I do hope when you do tell him...'

Hyunjae and Changmin's advices rang through my head. I really need to tell and share with Sunwoo about the offer, but I'm scared to. It's the fear of leaving, of parting - and also how he would react.

'No, let's think about P1Harmony,' I think as my vision turns to the next stop.

Opposite FNC Ent. - it read.

My hand goes to press the bus stop button and the bus slowly turns into its stop. I tug on my tote bag tightly as I exit the bus, getting hit in the face by the cool, summer wind, and the blazing heat from the sun above.

"GOD it's hot today," I mumble as I cross the street.

I hurry into the company building being met with the cold air conditioning in the lobby.

"Sohee!" I hear my name being called.

I turn to the origin of the voice to see Mr.Sung all dressed and ready, his staff lanyard around his neck with his laptop in his hands.

"Good afternoon, Mr.Sung," I greet, bowing as I walk towards him.

"Good afternoon to you too Soh! Here, this way," Mr.Sung invites as we head towards the lobby. "The P1H boys are waiting upstairs in the meeting room. They've prepared a whole powerpoint slideshow for this project," he continues to share.

"A whole powerpoint? That's a lot of effort," I acknowledge.

"Yeah, they really wanted to take control of this project, to showcase themselves as P1Harmony," Mr.Sung explains.

"That's amazing!" I exclaim as we reach the the floor.

Mr.Sung guides me to the meeting room, and even from the outside, I can hear their conversations.

"Do you think this is enough?"

"I think it's more than enough."

"You're gonna do well hyung!"

Three voices - Keeho, Jiung and Jongseob - spoke.

Mr.Sung opens the door and all the boys shot up from their seats to greet.

"Good afternoon!" they greeted us one by one.

"Hello boys. Let's get started," Mr.Sung invites them.

"Yes," Keeho answers. "So for your next project, we plan to do a revamped version of Good 4 U by Olivia Rodrigo," he begins as he shows the slide. "It will give that type of free youth vibe with a hint of warmth too. Jiung-hyung will now share the aesthetic details."

"So as Keeho said, it will have a youth vibe so these are our colour schemes," Jiung shares, showing the slide with a whole colour palette. "This is how we would like the set to look like - plus some LEDs. After that..." he presses the next slide. "Here is how we would like to be dressed," Jiung shares and I see their designer start to sketch on her notebook.

"In term of music..." Jongseob starts and my ears finally perk up. "I will be writing the rap to replace the second verse. We also plan for our version to have more bass and more rock," he shares and I start thinking about how to go about doing this.

"And finally, here's the timeline of the project. We'll ask Mr.Sing to send you the slides if needed," Keeho says.

"Thank you for listening and we hope we can work together well," the three boys coordinate before they give us a bow.

Everybody claps for them after that before asking questions to clarify details on the project.

"Sohee, you gonna ask anything?" Mr.Sung asks me.

"Hmm not at the moment. If anything, I'll clarify with them if there is a need to," I share and he nods.