4.2.0

"Sungmin, Sunwoo and I will go ahead and slowly start polishing up 'Echo' for next year

"Sungmin, Sunwoo and I will go ahead and slowly start polishing up 'Echo' for next year. Thank you for your efforts in recording today!" Sohee thanks as she gives us a bow.

Sungmin does the same and we give the two producers one in return. The members leave one by one, taking with them their things as they head for individual practice. Just then, Sohee gets a phone call.

"Sorry yeah. Sungmin, you can start first. I'll be back in a minute," the girl excuses herself as she exits the studio to take the call.

The door closes and I speak, "She's been pretty busy lately, hm?".

"Oh yeah. I mean with work and school, she has lots of things to do," Sungmin agrees, eyes still hovering over the desktop screen.

He minimises the track window, leaving the desktop exposed, and boy are there lots of folders. Each folder for every comeback and project Sohee has contributed in. It dated all the way back to even Hanlim. There was also one for 'Boy', and 'Bloom Bloom', and 'Dreamlike'. As my eyes continued to read through the files, there was one that was super suspicious. 'FNC' it read. Now, I know my memory, and I don't think The Boyz ever had a comeback called 'FNC'.

'FNC,' I thought, mouthing the letters.

"Hey, Imma go run to the toilet real quick. You can play around with Sohee's laptop but please don't mess anything up. She's kill me," Sungmin says and I nod.

The boy gets up and leaves quickly. I stand from my seat in the sofa and scan over the file again. I took her mouse in my hand and hovered the arrow above the folder. I turn to the door, seeing that they'll probably not be back in a while. With curiosity and a slightly fast beating heart, I clicked on the file.

It opened and there was two other folders inside of it - P1H and Admin.

"P1H?" I thought out loud.

I clicked on it to see the contents of it and was met with even more projects entitled 'Siren' and 'Good 4 U (Cover)'. These were definitely songs I and the other members have never touched, not even for A to Boyz. I lowered the volume of her laptop and opened the Good 4 U project. I fast forward to where the chorus would roughly be, to hear other males' voices.

'That's definitely not us,' I thought.

My head involuntarily went to check the door and still, it was closed. I panned back to the project and exited it, making sure to not change anything to it. I headed into the Admin folder and that's when I see, a PDF file entitled 'Contract'.

I double clicked on it, heart beating starting to ring through my ears now. The file opened and there, I see a contract. On the top of it wrote 'FNC Entertainment'. It was filled and everything, she probably only had to submit it to whoever it was. It read:

This employment agreement is made as of this second day of September, 2021, by and between Sung Jaehwa, talent scout of FNC Entertainment, and Park Sohee, producer at Cre.ker Entertainment. The parties agree and covenant to be bound by the terms set forth in this Agreement as follows:

And the letter carries on to talk about Compensation, Employment, Salary, Working Hours - and that's when it hits me.

Sohee's leaving, and she didn't even bother to tell me.