Why Him?

It's finally the night of Kiyoomi Sakusa's coming of age ceremony and a lot of people from different Kingdom visited and congratulated the young man.

Kiyoomi sighed as he stood in front of his mirror in his room. Today wasn't anything special to him. He didn't feel like celebrating anything tonight, at first he just didn't bother with anything but that changed when his Father told him that he asked the Prince of Inarizaki Kingdom to be his partner for him. He walked towards his door and took a deep breath before opening it.

"Hi Kiyo..." Prince Osamu shyly smiled at him while slowly walking towards him. Kiyoomi slightly bowed for respect even though Osamu told him countless times that he didn't have to.

"It's an honor to have the Prince as my partner for tonight." He held out his hand for the silver haired male who gladly took it.

From behind the curtains when the two heard their names being announced, they walked out to be greeted by so many people. They smiled and waved at the guests as they walked in the middle of the room. Prince Osamu went to his seat as Kiyoomi proceeded to kneel in front of the King of Itachiyama and High Priest who started his ceremony.

Kiyoomi now sat at a table with his family with the King and Prince of Inarizaki Kingdom. While his Father entertained King Miya and his siblings talked with the silver haired male, he looked around for a certain blonde.

"My Prince, here is the onigiri that you asked for." A masked male placed a plate of rice balls in front of Prince Osamu and he waved his hand to Atsumu and he bowed. "Then I'll take my leave, my Prince." He turned not even glancing at Kiyoomi then left.

Everyone ate but the little Duke didn't have much appetite, he just kept (secretly) looking for the blonde, following him with his gaze wherever he goes until he felt a hand on his, making him jolt in surprise, pulling his hand. He looked up to see that it was Prince Osamu, and he was about to apologize. "I'm sorry for holding your hand all of a sudden Kiyo..." He looked shy.

"No, it's alright your Majesty, I was just surprised..." Kiyoomi took his hand under the table and secretly sprayed alcohol on it. "Did you need anything, your Majesty?"

"Ummm..." The silver haired male started playing with his fingers, feeling shy. "I wanted to ask if you wanted to be my fi- - first dance...?" He was looking down, waiting for the latter's answer. The ravenette only stared at him for a second; thinking.

It was believed that a person's first dance should be with someone they truly want to be with. Taking someone's first dance means that you want to show off that this was the person your heart holds dear, someone that comes close to a family. Kiyoomi didn't believe all those but upon meeting Atsumu, he thought that all his dances would only be with the blonde and no one else. He couldn't imagine anyone else being his partner and he did not dare to think that there was someone else for Atsumu. He didn't want anyone else spinning, swaying, and holding the only person he values. "I'm sorry, your Majesty, I can't." The little Duke quickly stood from his seat. "Excuse me..." He suddenly left, leaving everyone at the table a little surprised and his raging red Father who was disappointed with his rejection of the Prince.

Kiyoomi started looking around the palace, avoiding everyone that wanted to talk and congratulate him. He kept walking and jogging from places to places looking for someone until he finally found him but he did not like what he saw. Atsumu stood surprised in front of Prince Osamu's personal guard, Rintarou, bowing as he held out his hand, asking for a dance. His eyes widened as his breath hitch as he saw Atsumu slowly reaching for the latter's hand. He felt anger rising inside him and he let it take over. He rushed over to the two and quickly grabbed Atsumu's hand. "We need to talk." He said sternly that give goosebumps to the blonde. They were about to leave when the brunette grabbed Atsumu's other hand.

"Excuse my rudeness, your Grace..." He had a stare down with the ravenette who got annoyed. "But you are being shameless right now and not to mention, hurting Tsumu." Kiyoomi's eye twitch upon hearing the nickname but he felt infuriated when he saw how the guard was holding tightly onto his Atsumu's hand.

"Let him go before I tell the Prince to dismiss you." Rintarou flinched at the threat, he couldn't afford to be hated by the Prince and he knew all too well how much Prince Osamu loved Kiyoomi. He glared at the ravenette, gritting his teeth before accepting defeat and slowly letting go of Atsumu's hand. "Let's go, Atsu." He started dragging the shorter male.

Atsumu felt scared as the Kiyoomi dragged him somewhere in the palace garden without saying another word nor even glancing at him. They soon reached the garden maze that Kiyoomi knew all too well. They walked and walked until they reached the center where a beautiful fountain rested. The ravenette finally lets go of Atsumu's hand and proceeds to walk to the fountain. "Om- -"

"Do you like him?" Kiyoomi interrupted him.

"Omi?" He was confused by the question.

"I asked if you like him!?" He finally turned to the blonde with glossy eyes which surprised the latter. "Am I nothing to you?" He sounded so hurt.

"How could ya think that, Omi..." He tried to get closer but Kiyoomi glared at him but it slowly turned soft and hurt.

"Then why would you take his hand and not mine?" His voice sounded small and more hurt than he expected but he didn't care, all he could think of right now was Atsumu choosing someone else over him and it felt like it was destroying him. "It hurts, Atsumu..." He clenched his chest as tears started falling from his eyes.