Longing

Kitsune ran into the forest despite his heavy heart of leaving the battlefield, he wanted to protect everyone but he couldn't, this was the best thing he could do; luring away the two most powerful fighters from the weaker ones. He didn't need to win, he just needed to hold them in one place long enough for the others to take the upper hand. All Sol could do now was wait and have faith in his friends. The fox-like monster finally stopped in an open field.

"I'm not letting you get away..." The blonde turned and saw the black knight pointing his sword at him. "After I'm done with you, I'll make sure to kill each and every one of you monsters."

"No, you won't..." He shook his head gently and took Kiyoomi by surprise. He saw how confident the Kitsune was but he wasn't provoking him nor was he looking down on the ravenette. He sounded genuinely sad and concerned for everyone but it only made Kiyoomi's eye twitch. Kiyoomi felt annoyed as he felt a tug in his heart, he hated the feeling. He grit his teeth and clenched his sword.

The ravenette charged at the blonde at full speed but he saw that the latter was ready for him. Sakusa Kiyoomi was beyond human strength and Sol knew that without Tendou's power that he'd go down easily and even now he was struggling but he knew better than to show weakness, he can't afford to lose; not today. With all his strength, Sol pushed off Kiyoomi.

Tendou was a demon that had the ability to lend you strength that increases your every attribute beyond its limits but it did not give you powers but even with the strength boost, the black knight was still stronger and more powerful. Every time their blades collided, Sol's hand stung at every impact. He was scared facing this man, he felt like a stranger to him. He had never seen his Nox like this before.

Kiyoomi saw that the Kitsune had a lot on his mind and he took that opportunity, changing tactics. Rather than finding a weak spot, he'll just use brute force of overpowering strength. The blonde may be fast and quick on his feet but it could never compare to how heavy every swing the ravenette would slam at him. Kiyoomi grinned at how pathetic the Kitsune looked trying his best to keep up with him. He felt tingle in his stomach just thinking about him finally decapitating the very reason he's suffering right now. He started laughing like a mad man, not stopping his attacks.

Uhmmp...

The ravenette stopped upon hearing a small whimper, he didn't know where it came from but it pulled him into a trance, a bittersweet memory. He would always remember Atsumu's smile, his laughs and giggles that always melted his heart even if he never saw the blonde's whole face, what he already was, was already enough for him. He felt teary. The sight of the black knight in trance, Sol could feel the pain and sadness that was radiating from the taller male and it broke his heart not being able to comfort the man that made him happy. But he stood firm, away from the ravenette, remembering how he was betrayed.

"GOD D*MN IT!" Kiyoomi cursed and the kitsune flinched, he kept his eyes on the man that took off his helmet and threw it away. Sol trembled at the new found anger that the black knight brought out. A pair of black obsidian eyes glared at the blonde that made his hand shake uncontrollably. "I'm going to kill you!" He charges.

Without the black knight's helmet, Sol can clearly see his face now. He could see the loathe in his face but his eyes showed just how devastated he was. The blonde's chest stung as he finally realized that he could never get rid of his feelings for the man. No matter how hurt he was, he could never hurt Kiyoomi back.

In the middle of battle, Kiyoomi saw that the blonde was out of it, and he finally overpowered Kitsune, pushing him off, pinning him to the ground. He got on top of kitsune and raised his dagger but for a second he remembered his own blonde again. He hated himself for remembering at such a moment. He was pulled out of daze when the kitsune tried to struggle beneath him but Kiyoomi's shadow held his wrist, making it impossible to move.

He stared at Kitsune with rage in his eyes and hate in his heart. It was finally going to be over. He chuckled to himself.

But why does it hurt?

"AHHHHH!" He stabbed his dagger down on the blonde.

*Hic

.

.

.

A tear fell.

*Hic

.

.

.

And then another.

*Hic

.

.

.

And another.

.

.

.

The mighty Kiyoomi Sakusa broke down. Kitsune's eyes widened as non-stop tears fell on his face. His ear bled a little as the blade of the ravenette's sword dug the ground just inches away from his head.

Kiyoomi's eyes were full of rage but not because he hated the monster in front of him, but because he kept seeing his Solis... His heart was full of hate not because he wanted to kill all monsters but because he couldn't protect his Amata, and now, too many people, beings, and creatures are suffering because of it.

"I just want my Solis back..." He cried.

"Omi..."

Kiyoomi froze. He felt butterflies in his stomach, he knew that sound, it was the voice that always gave him comfort, that gave him strength, the voice that always gave him sweet whispers to his heart. It's the voice of his one and only beloved. He looked down at the Kitsune beneath him, he was smiling ever so gently, and there he finally found what he was longing for.

"A- -Atsu..."