No Escape

(Sans' POV)
---

I gasped for air as I tried to get out of the river. I panted for breath, feeling tired. I plopped on the dark blue grass and sighed. Until I realized about (Y/n)... where is she?

"teach? teach, are you okay?" I tried to shout, looking all over the place, and setting my eyes upon an unconscious-looking (Y/n) by the river. Her eyes are fully closed, and her mouth was hung open.

"shoot, (y/n)..." I gasped and pulled her out of the flowing river. I laid her on the grassy floor and checked on her.

I tried to pump her chest for her to wake up from drowning, but it didn't work. I tried it again, still not working.

"*sigh* i'm going to regret this..." I said, breathing in and crossing my fingers. I calmed down and was about to start... but, something about this feels weird.

No matter, I need to save her life.

"sorry for this, babe... it's the least i could do." I said, and took a deep breath and started blowing on her mouth. I breathed into her a few times, and suddenly, I let go as soon as I felt her mouth move. She coughed out a bit of water before breathing tiredly.

"teach!" I said, a wide grin on my face. Gosh, that was close...

"S-sans?" She spoke, her voice being hoarse and weak.

"it's okay... i'm right here." I said, before going to her and hugging her.

"*Sigh* Sans..." She spoke...

"yes, yes... i'm here. it's okay now..." I spoke, putting my hand on her hair and ruffling it softly. She opened her (e/c) eyes and looked at me, it was sparkling and puffy from the river she got out of.

"Where are we...?" She asked, looking around.

"i'm not so sure..." I replied, also scanning our surroundings.

"perhaps, we would be in a part of waterfall." I said, as soon as I saw Echo Flowers, glowing mushrooms, and the lush, glowing river that flowed far away.

We sat up and enjoyed the place and the view. It was amazing, yet it's quiet. We enjoyed this place for a few minutes in silence. It felt like we're up in the clouds...

"Baby Blue?" She spoke

"yeah?" I looked at her. Her face looked desperate for something.

"Can we get out of here? I felt worried for the others who were... looking for me." She said

"That includes you too, Sans." She pointed at me, and giggled.

"yeah, we should go now. i knew we wouldn't want to keep them waiting and worried sick looking for us, huh?" I replied, shrugging. She laughed and held my hand. That's where she yelped in pain. She held her lower abdomen to where she was hurting.

"what's wrong, teach?" I asked, worried.

"I... kind of hit my sides back there. I do have healing powers, but I can't really move that much because that'll hurt." She said, still holding her sides.

"shoot, that hurts. i-i'll go get some strips of cloth or gauze to cover it. stay there, alright?" I said, and she nodded. She slowly crouched to sit on the grass. I went out looking for a piece of clothing to cover it.