•Chapter Seven•

Chapter-7, Scene-I❛ What do you mean Keres is being a bitch again? ❜

Chapter-7, Scene-I
What do you mean Keres is being a bitch again?

_________________
🦋

(Perspective - Inside the King's Chambers)

"What do you mean he was in the castle?!" King Jihoon yelled, fresh blood dripping from his palm as a result of rage. The soldier in front of him gulped every time his eyes lingered to the flowing crimson and the trashed glass table not to far away from him.

"That he was in the castle Your Majesty", Jimin dragged each and every word, in the lowest most less triggering voice he could muster.

The King pulled at his hair and let out a scream of frustration, coughing furiously immediately after. The blonde hurriedly went in to his aid, rubbing his back and supporting his upper body so he doesn't fall. He grabbed a glass of water from another side table and offered it to Jihoon, which he aggressively pushed away, the glass of water falling on the lush carpet below.

"What the fuck was the security even doing? Did they not get my orders? Did they think I was joking perhaps? Do they realise what would have happened if someone saw him?", he said in a hoarse voice, trying to get his coughing under control, incapable of speaking properly, his voice coming out gurgled. Worried, the soldier sat him down on the bed, and stood in front of him. He would have patched up Jihoon's wound, but the old man didn't let him touch it earlier when he tried.

Jimin took a deep breath.

"The security was killed your majesty"

The old man's heart skipped a beat.

"What?"

Jimin looked up, silent panic now dominating his facial features.

"Yes, for instance the guards at the back room enterance, the guards lining the corridor around the open garden, 3 butlers and all of my 24 Soldiers, guarding the enterance to the throne room were slaughtered maliciously in the middle of the night. In total 58 people... In a single night...sir." He said quietly.

King Jihoon sat down on his bed in shock.

"God", he whispered and rubbed his forehead.

"I am conflicted. I don't know whether I should be depressed that people died, or thankful that only 58 did."

Jihoon took deep breaths to calm himself down, tapping the area over his heart slowly. Jimin took another glass filled it with water and handed it over to the King, who took it this time without knocking it off, and took a sip. After a few minutes when he felt better he asked the most obvious question.