|| ARE ||

❛ Insight - II❜

❛ Insight - II❜

__________________
🦋

Perspective - Taehyung

I had a dream.

I was very much surprised to have found myself dreaming after being trapped for so long in a never ending cycle of nightmares which engulfs me in its clutches as soon as the clock strikes 12. Usually, my nightly endeavors were filled with me unsuccessfully trying to get a hold of my body while it did whatever it wanted, and if I am not lying, it was nice to have a dream for a change.

Common folk, especially the old ones, often preach this one common saying. They say and I quote - "everything happens for a reason", but they surely always fail to clarify the nature of that reason, whether could it be good or bad, favourable or unfavourable, happiness or doom. I was never really a believer of faith in general and I believe that this quotation was given birth and air to by insecure, weak and powerless baboons who cannot change their lives and then go on blaming the universe for their misfortune. It's annoying really. This stupid tendency of human beings to play the blame game when things doesn't seem to go their way. I hate the entire ordeal of, "Hey, I failed, guess it happened for a reason". I know the reason, you aren't worthy enough.

The explanation to the need for this quotation is a simple one indeed.

Weakness gives birth to insecurity, and in turn, insecurities makes a person weak. A paradox one cannot really exit as per their wish, and in this world of cold and merciless any one would want to get a bit of comfort, even if it's for a sliver of a moment, even if its just from a little bundle of words.

My mother always said that it was okay to be weak, that it was okay to not forever be strong enough.

Now it's not like I didn't trust her ways of upbringing and I am very sure she tried her best, but how was I supposed to believe it when each and everyday I saw the helpless be trampled upon by the powerful and healthy, just because they couldn't protect themselves? When everyone bowed their head down to me because I was the future King and a poor servant boy my age was kicked and slapped simply for he spilled a cup of milk?

It's not that I didn't know my mother was wrong, it's just that, I never had the guts in me to be able to tell her bluntly that this little world of ours is not all about rainbows and unicorns and butterflies.

I am pretty sure she knew so, but there is no way I could have confirmed it and there is absolutely no way I can confirm it now either until I bring her soul down from heaven that is. I don't think god would like that. (I don't crack jokes, but I do crack skulls, so laugh, I am funny).