•Chapter Seventeen•

A U T H O R ' S • N O T E You really thought I wouldn't update twice in a day, didn't cha

You really thought I wouldn't update twice in a day, didn't cha. Got ya.

Chapter-17, Scene-I
❛ You shall not go to the Ball❜

_______________
🦋

The daytime seemed to have went off in a hurry, and currently the clock struck 6 pm, announcing the arrival of the much awaited but equally loathed night of the entire year. All throughout the day could be heard the arrival of massive carriages carrying Royalty on their way to the castle, firecrackers, and loud chatters on the road even in the area as secluded as the Forest Lane.

Keres didn't bother the brunet the entire day (perhaps she couldn't be bothered with unnecessary screaming to cause wrinkles right before the big event), except making him run a couple of errands to pick up her Ball gown and Yoongi's Dress suit from the boutiques, to go buy necessary makeup with the stylist, and to clean the kitchen for it was a mess after the older step brother had used it to make simple sandwiches, which didn't even taste good (in his defense, Yoongi doesn't know how to cook and leaves a wrecked kitchen in his wake only because he has never learned how to clean).

Over the time Jungkook was in the market with the stylist running errands, who's name he also found out to be was Ih-wa, he learned about all the hellfire Keres has been spitting on her the entire day and how she regretted ever taking the offer to work for her, (Jungkook laughed all the while, relating to her on a literal spiritual level), and also how she wished she could just snap the evil lady's head in half (Jungkook couldn't have related more to anything anyone has ever said to him.)

While they talked (where Ih-wa ranted and Jungkook listened patiently), the brunet also gathered information all could from Ih-wa (who also made some excellent dresses) and learned a few tips and tricks about sewing for he had a plan in his head, which he was sure is perfect and would work.

And hence, Jungkook now currently sat in the attic crossed legged on the cold wooden floor, with loads of fabrics and threads and needles layed out messily in front of him, with his late father's royal blue coat in his hand which he was currently mending and making a few tweaks to. His father by no means was a man with a small built and since Jungkook was still growing and wouldn't be able to fit in the coat, making adjustments had become necessary.

He had help too, of course.

Gus-Gus, the gluttonous mouse, and his family of five, which Jungkook had befriended over the past year were running around, playing with threads and fabrics, seemingly trying their best to help their human friend, who was inferior to them as a whole another species, but love is a universal language, don't they say so?