•Chapter Eight•

Chapter-8, Scene-I❛ Yoongi, the misunderstood cat❜

Chapter-8, Scene-I
❛ Yoongi, the misunderstood cat❜

___________________
🦋

The world stopped.

"Wait wait wait wait wait, T-the Royal Code? Isn't that for like treason and military emergency protocol?", Jungkook asked swiftly, his grip on the hem of his blanket getting loose because of the lack of strength in his palms, given to the massive adrenaline rush.

Yoongi with his hands on his waist, replied with a heavy, conclusive tone.

"Apparently, not attending this Ball would mean committing treason towards the Kingdom, and the punishment for treason, as we all know it, is obvious death."

Keres scoffed.

"Is it just me or is it going a bit far for a mere Birthday? How spoiled is the crowned Prince for wanting to seek attention so bad that he is forcing people to attend his Ball, scaring them to death, literally?", she complained, crossing her arms over her chest, blowing her messy bangs out of her face.

Jungkook never imagined he would, but he agreed with her.

Threats of charging people with treason just so they could attend his Birthday Ball, it is indeed going a bit far. In fact very far. There are many poor families out in the Kingdom who don't even have enough to eat, how shall they manage to attend the Ball? What about health? What if someone is not healthy enough to be even walking? This didn't seem fair to him.

He hadn't heard a lot about him, given that he didn't really go out a lot, but from what he had heard, the Crowned Prince seemed like a very genuine and a kind person that everyone all over the kingdom admired. He was known for his generosity and his well mannered, soft spoken nature. Jungkook didn't imagine that under that angelic cover, would be such a spoiled child, who thought nothing of his people other than some crowd he could oppress and get away with it.

Okay but honestly speaking, to be given such authority since birth, who wouldn't?

"No, I don't think that's quite the case", Yoongi countered, rubbing his chin with his index finger and thumb.

"What do you mean?", Keres asked.

"The Prince is loved and worshipped like a diety all around, and most of the people out there will claim that he is a very kind person. I don't feel that any of them believe that it's him throwing a tantrum."

"Then what is it if it's him not throwing a tantrum."

"I guess it's some kind of a precaution. He is making sure that everyone in the kingdom attends but-"