•Chapter Twenty One•

WarningIt's a 10,000 words chapter, make sure to read with time on your hands if you wanna finish through this monstrosity in one go lmao

Warning
It's a 10,000 words chapter, make sure to read with time on your hands if you wanna finish through this monstrosity in one go lmao.

Chapter-21, Scene-1
❛ The Night of a thousand memories❜

________________
🦋

Time stood still for Jungkook as he stood chest to chest with the man he had been wanting to meet ever since they had parted the day before, staring into his gleaming grey eyes, the color which he had come to hate with a flaming passion, not quite knowing he would come to love the same so much sooner. He hadn't known that these unique grey eyes, which had resided in his nightmares and day dreams, poisioning every thought of his day, would be the same he would willing to see out of fondness someday.

His breath hitched as Tae's gloved fingers gently brushed against his own, their eyes not once leaving one another's.

"Your Highness, I-", Tae began, but was cut off by his own bewildered laugh, smiling like a big idiot, "You look absolutely stunning.", he gasped.

"You don't look too bad yourself for someone to just be the son of a merchant.", Jungkook joked, smiling like the bigger idiot.

"Doesn't change the fact that I am still an apprentice learning my trade."

"But it does change the fact that you lied to me.", said the brunet, his smile not faltering even slightly.

Tae looked guilty, "I didn't mean to lie to you, trust me, if I have had the choice, I wouldn't have.", he finished lowering his eyes to the marbled floor, not looking in Jungkook's eyes anymore, perhaps too ashamed to do so.

The brunet, with a slight giggle, ducked his head down and got to the older's level, looking him in the eye with the purest of sincerity, "I believe you, and I forgive you.". He didn't want to refuse the gift of God and ruin such a magical and beautiful evening over a mere lie which couldn't be helped. He wasn't that petty. (A/N : Just to clarify, I am that God cause I created this universe.)

Tae looked up ever so slightly, his eyes shining once again, but the ashamed look still lingering about the corners. Jungkook tipped his chin up with his index finger, "Chin up, don't forget you are the center of attention right now.", he said, motioning to the deaf silent Ballroom with a movement of his eyes, talking about all the eyes and mouths which had stopped chatting and doing what they were doing ages ago and had centered all their attention to the peculiar couple standing in the middle of the Ballroom and acting all lovey dovey with one another like there is nobody else in the world.

"Me?", Tae pointed to himself, confused.

"Yes, they are all looking at you.", said the brunet like it was the most obvious thing in the world.