•Chapter Ten•

Chapter-10, Scene-I❛God doesn't exist you moron

Chapter-10, Scene-I
God doesn't exist you moron.❜

_________________
🦋

The hallway was dark and cold, with the residents even more so. Footsteps echoed through and through, bouncing off the blood drunken walls of the tall building, rhythmic and somehow nostalgic, like a song meant to be heard only by a few, especially the ones who seemed to know who, the heavy footsteps of death, truly belonged to.

Maids cowered, the soldiers stiffened and the dogs barked in their cages, for they sensed something, something which every other person present in the castle could sense, even when not sharing heightened senses like that of their fanged counterparts. Something dark and unholy had crossed the boundaries of the Kingdom and was making it way around and towards the King's chambers.

A nightmare for sure.

Two Royal guards in stark red and black uniforms stood to the either side, accompanying a man with barbaric, almost satanic appearance from head to toe, whose figure towered over every man he crossed on his way. The guards were that of a Kingdom unknown, they were of a land full of dark, greedy and merciless people.

It was silent, perhaps a little too silent as the three men made their way down the hallway, the guards's paces not even as remotely a fast as the beat of their hearts. Sweat dribbled down their foreheads like rain with their eyes wide and fixed in front of them, for they dare not even glance towards the man they accompanied on the command of their higher ups.

A few moments later, the men reached their destination, a doouble door made out of pure maple wood, with no carvings or decorations whatsoever to make it look attractive, things that were expected to just be there for it to pass to be an enterance suited to be that of a King's chamber, but rather, just two silver doorknobs, with a tiger's faces engraved on both of them, had earned it's place on the vast, smooth surface. Perhaps, this King, shared a much different taste than of other's his kind.

One of the Royal guards, stepped forward with a shivering breath and gently knocked on the door, thrice.

"Y-Your Majesty, you h-h-have a g-uest", he said, trying to stabilize his voice as much as he could, loosening up his collars with his two fingers.

A few moments passed by, the three men stood in an awkward silence (from a subjective perspective) for what could have been a minute but felt like hours, before finally, they received a response.

"Come on in", came a muffled, yet elegant voice of a man from within.

As soon as the words were said, the doors suddenly began opening, slowly making their way all the way, with the hinges making a dragged out creepy noise, as if the doors have not been used for centuries.