The truth..

I hope you suffer with me through this book :)

I was thinking about the plot and decided to finally write this, so I hope you will be satisfied and enjoy the future chapters. It wasn't easy to decide, since I had a lot of ideas and other perspectives for this, but I settled with this.

Hope you enjoy~

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

The room was dark, no light or sound coming in or out of the room. One person laid on the bed, eyes open widely as they looked at the ceiling. The golden crown laying two feet away, being thrown in the darkness few moments earlier. The windows were covered with black material, doors closed shut.
The king laid there lifeless, his eyes darting towards the doors and back to the ceiling. The voices in his head whispering softly, alerting him when someone walked passed the room.
As much a he wanted, he couldn't stay there like that. He had to go out and do his speech, announcing the bad news. Terrible, you could say. He wished to keep it to himself, but the people would find out sooner or later anyways. There was no use of hiding it. So, the best he could do was being loyal to his people and tell them the truth.

With his head hanging low, he stood up and limped towards the doors. Not before taking his crown, of course. He placed it on his head messily, his eyes closing a little when they were exposed to the bring light outside of the room. He groaned in annoyance, quickly running down the stairs and towards the kitchen. A cup of water was all he wanted now.
Once he got the dreamed cup of cold water, he wasted no time in drinking it. The cool liquid slowly trickled down his throat, cooling his throat and leaving a pleasant feeling behind. Unfortunately, much to his dislike, the nice feeling was gone as quick as it appeared. He was left with empty glass in hand and cooled throat. It would be such a shame if his throat decided to not work properly while his speech. It was already too much stress for him, he can't fail it like that.
After he was sure he could speak properly and he looked decent, he turned around and walked towards the huge doors. When he was inches from the doors, they were opened by the guards as he walked outside.

Suddenly, his shoulders tensed as he realized how many people were there. Crowds were standing at the bottom of the stairs, all eyes looking up at him in distress and waiting for explanation. He swallowed the growing stress in his throat, when he looked at the people and cleared his throat.

"Welcome at the public meeting. Some of you might be expecting what you are here for, but some of you probably have questions." Tommy said, his hands behind his back. "As you know, Monica, one of our best people in the kingdom, was assigned to take care and send patrols around the whole kingdom"

Many people nodded, while some agreed loudly only to be silenced by the seconds king who raised his hand in the air. Tommy nodded gently at huk, focusing back on the crowd and taking a deep breath in.

"Unfortunately, some bad news reached us yesterday afternoon and I'm forced to tell you them." Tommy could already feel the fear and tension among the people as they started whispering. "Monica.. was found dead. We can only guess she was murdered by someone when out in the forest close to the lake. One of my son's, Percy, recognized her when she tried to kill my second son"

Many gasps were heard, widened looks and fear slowly setting in. Tommy raised his hands in that air, trying to calm down and reassure the people that there was nothing to fear for now.

"Now now. Do not panic, there's nothing to be afraid of. I promise you that no matter what will happen, you will be protected and taken care of. Our army is strong and trained well, so I'm sure they will be ready to protect you. Our medics have a lot of potions and meds, they will help you if needed" Tommy said, trying to calm down the crowd and handle the situation. "We've got it under control-"