Chapter 5: Osborn

Norman's POV

I am currently at Oscorp. We are working on a product to enhance human abilities. The general decided to come over to see what we are doing today. I see some of my workers testing out our glider. I then see the general with my other scientists.

Norman: General Slocum, good to see you.

General: I would like a progress report on the human performance enhancers.

Dr. Stromm explains it.

Dr. Stromm: We tried vapor inhalation with rodent subjects.

General: And?

Dr. Stromm: It showed 800% increase in strength.

General: Was there side effects?

Norman: There was, but that was just an aberration, all of the tests since then was a success.

General: What was the side effects when the trial went wrong?

Dr. Stromm: Violence, aggression... and insanity...

Norman: That was only one test. Our entire staff says that the product is ready for human testing.

The general doesn't listen to me.

General: Dr. Stromm... what do you think?

Dr. Stromm: I believe we need to to take the line of the product back to formula.

I look at Dr. Stromm and whisper.

Norman: What?!

The general looks at me.

General: Dr. Osborn.

I look at him.

General: I'm going to be brutally honest, I don't support your program. I gave the go-ahead to aerospace to build a prototype of their exoskeleton design, and they will test in two weeks. If your performance enhancers don't get a successful human trail by then, I'll pull your funding, and give it to aerospace.

The general leaves. I don't understand what the general's problem is with me. I work hard everyday... but I got two weeks with this product, I'll do anything necessary for it to be a success...